Question Ranger Trail Hub ID and Questions

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm a newbie to the Ranger stuff. I have a new to me 1994 Ranger Trail trailer and have never delt with a disc brake hub. Is this one of the Ranger oil bath hubs? If so,I do not see any way to fill it if it is. I want to check out the bearings for wear and not damage anything during disassembly. Are these caps threaded or pinch fit? It looks to have some sort of RTV sealing the cap on now. Thanks for any help, tips or advice yall could offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1994 Ranger 354V - Johnson Fast Strike 150

I found this post concerning a 1992 Ranger Trail. May be helpful.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=904605
    BTW: It does not appear to be an oil bath hub. It is probably an EZ Lube which has a zerk fitting in the center of the spindle to pump grease into the hub.
    You should be ok to remove the dust cap and access the spindle nut
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 06-01-2019 at 08:29 AM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Thanks Bill, that's a good thread.

Not an oil bath hub. It's a regular old greased hub and about as bullet proof as you can get. It's the same hub that was on my 1991 Ranger trailer. If you take off the grease cap, you will see the end of the axle. You will find a hole drilled into the end of the axle, but NO zerk fitting. You need to buy a needle fitting for your grease gun. It will look like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lumax-LX-1415...gateway&sr=8-6

A needle fitting is available at most auto parts stores. Attach your grease gun to the zerk fitting on the needle fitting and put the pointed end of the needle fitting into the hole on the end of the axle. Then, pump new grease into the axle. The grease will go through the hole in the center of the axle, grease the rear bearing, grease the front bearing, and then come out the front of the hub. Keep pumping grease until all of the old grease comes out and you see new grease coming out of the hub. Reinstall the cap with a little of the red, high temp, silicone that you see around the cap in your pic.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Thanks for the help guys!