Power pole issue

So I have 2 10 ft. Blades, having an issue with one of them. It will deploy down fine when you hit the switch but it will not come back up unless you pull it up manually. Any ideas? It just started doing this while on a trip this week. There are no leaks, fluid levels are fine and any power issues and everything seems to be ok but the pole will not come up on it's own.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Couple things to check for, kink in hose, not enough slack in hoses, and lower pivot bolt too tight.

3. Member
    I had this happen to mine, they would both go down but only one would come up while using the foot switch, dash switch they both were fine. Turned out to be that the up foot switch need to be reprogramed. When you hit the switch does it blink after it stops? If so then let it reprogram
    Nitro Z7

2009 Nitro Z-7, 150 Optimax, 24P Tempest Plus, Hydraulic steering, Minn KotaFortex 36v 101lb Tm, Humminbird 859c HD DI Ram mounted on bow, Humminbird 859c HD Ram mounted by dash, Elite 5X in console, 4 bank Delta view charger, 8" Bob's Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate, Hot Foot, Pro Trim and Dual PP.
    61 MPH GPS

Fishing is life
    Life is fishing

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I would imagine he tried multiple switches before trying to manually push it up.

5. Member
    The pump kicks on when you hit any of the switches, just doesn't come back up on it's own. I've had the poles for a few months now and this one just started doing this the other day while out fishing. Hoses all look good, no kinks and plenty of slack, all switches work. Could the pump be going bad? The only thing I can notice is that the pumps sound different when running. One had a higher pitch tone than the other one does. No squealing or anything just has a higher pitch tone to it.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Could be valve in the pump, call Power Pole Monday have them run a diagnostic thru the app, they will get you back up and running fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jatkins1981 View Post
    The pump kicks on when you hit any of the switches, just doesn't come back up on it's own. I've had the poles for a few months now and this one just started doing this the other day while out fishing. Hoses all look good, no kinks and plenty of slack, all switches work. Could the pump be going bad? The only thing I can notice is that the pumps sound different when running. One had a higher pitch tone than the other one does. No squealing or anything just has a higher pitch tone to it.
    Check reservoir level.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    I had a similar problem with mine, would go down but didnt want to come up, removed the pump, had a lot of sludge in bottom of reservoir tank, cleaned the screens and tank, put new oil in and works like new.