Lower unit vent tube

So after replacing seals in the lower unit and putting everything back together, I found the tubing cracked were it comes outside of the case (I’m assuming this is my water problem) I s there a patch for this without replacing the whole thing and dropping the lower unit again?
    Wanna kill a Iowa giant?

2. Member
    What engine?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Lower unit is coming off no matter what. :) Replacing the tube is not that hard once the L/U is off. Depends on the specific motor of course. Many older motors would see the tube come out with the L/U rather than remaining with the motor. I would not try to patch it. Don't want it "letting go" at an inopportune time which can strand you or worse...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Are you talking about the little hose at the front that is for the speedometer? There is no vent tube.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

Yea I fig out was speedo tube no worries now, thanks anyways guys.
    Wanna kill a Iowa giant?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor