2019 Indian Chieftain

Got a chance to ride one today. Before the end of the month for every test ride someone took on an Indian They gave $50 towards a Veterans organization so I had to go take a ride. Only problem was it kept stalling before I could get out of the driveway of the dealership.... I was thinking maybe it was cold but no. I got up the street and had to slow for traffic. Pulled in the clutch and stalled again. Dropped a gear and dumped the clutch to restart.. Pulled clutch to stop and dead again.
    Got it fired and immediately headed back.

The short ride I did take I was not impressed. Power adjustable windshield was just not effective enough. All the way up and wind hit me right in the face. All the way down and it was in the neck.
    Throttle response was not good, ( Maybe because of stalling issue), when you rolled on the throttle it was not instant response. Overall feel for me was not that good.
    I thought I would like it more but I just didn't care for it.

Would like to take a ride on a new Road King Special to see what that is like or maybe the New Road Glide Special. Recently say the new Road Glide CVO at the dealer with the special graphics and all the extras. BEAUTIFUL looking bike but $ 40,000 is just flat crazy to me...

2. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Guess they didn't make a good impression, I bought a 2018 Indian Roadmaster last June and have been more than happy with it. Did they give you another one to test ride? Something was wrong on that one.

3. Member
    I came very close to buying a '18 Chieftain Limited, the only thing that kept me from buying was the dealerships available, nearest was 55 miles and after that, about 125 miles.

No offer to try another one. I kind of liked the 18 over the 19 with the differences. Might rent one someday to have it for a day.