Wisconsin Business Trip Question

Looks like I will need to make a trip to Verona in late August. I'll be about 2.5 hours from La Crosse and I can take an extra day on either end of the trip. Was wondering if it would be worth the time spent to go and how difficult it would be to find a reasonable guide.

Thanks-

2. Member
    If you aren't dead set on fishing the mississippi river, there is some great bass fishing on the madison chain.

3. Member
    Tough to find bass guides on LAX. Most of the guys fish tournaments, so I don’t know if they just don’t like sharing spots or what. I did go out with Cade Laufenberg up there last year. He does a little guiding and is a good stick.

4. Member
    If your in Verona, I'd say fish the Madison Chain!
    Cheese County Bass Club

5. Member
    If your looking to fish the Mississippi with a guide, Give John Bomkamp a call he Guides on Pool 9 out of the Lynxville area, Pool 9 is the pool just south of La Crosse also guides on the lower Wisconsin River. He is on Facebook.
    John Bomkamp Guide service. 1-608-574-1580

6. Member
    Thanks for the response gentlemen, several recommendations to fish the Madison Chain, any guide recommendations there. Thanks bigrg for the info for John. I was hoping to catch a good frog bite for largemouth.
    Last edited by foolinbass; 06-03-2019 at 09:29 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foolinbass View Post
    Thanks for the response gentlemen, several recommendations to fish the Madison Chain, any guide recommendations there. Thanks bigrg for the info for John. I was hoping to catch a good frog bite for largemouth.
    Don't overlook Mud lake if you fish the Madison chain. It's to the right just when you go under the bridge out of Waubesa. Usually a good frog bite there in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by foolinbass View Post
    Big Bs Guide Service 608) 219-0505 he is a smallmouth expert out there
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    Big Bs Guide Service 608) 219-0505 he is a smallmouth expert out there
    Big B's is run and operated by Brian Zubke. He is a close friend of mine and I have been fishing with him for about 10 years. He's a hoot to fish with, easy to talk to, will make you laugh till you cry, he's a great stick, will put you on whatever species you want but he specializes in bass and pannies.

I'd also highly recommend him!!!!!!!!