1997 389S DC Javelin?

I found a 97 Javelin for sale in excellent condition for the year. The Boat and motor Fast Strike 150 are still in amazing shape and its priced at 6700$ I don't really need another boat but this would be great back up and I really like older boats that still have life left in them and look like new. I guess it would just be fun to own. Comes with a Hotfoot and 6in jackplate, shitty graphs and old Evinrude 24v trolling motor. Not really worried about the updates.

My real questions are is that a fair price? and I'm wondering about the amount to wood used in the boat. The motor and jackplate are tight and there are NO stress cracks at the transom. Were these all wood Transoms?

There is wood in the transom and stringers. Floor decks are plywood too. If kept indoors and taken care of it's probably good to go. Walk around on the floor and deck to feel for soft spots. Use a rubber mallet on the transom for sound change.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I have no idea about the value but I wanted to add it was either 97 or 98 when they made a few Fast Strikes that were Ficht injected. I don't recall the exact year but it was in that timeframe. If you are talking a Fast Strike Ficht then the motor holds almost 0 value. If it is a carburetor Fast Strike then it is a great motor. If you have the model number of the motor I can find out if it is a fuel injected or carbureted motor.