Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar

Dash Removal on 2009 201 XL Evo ???

Anyone know how to remove the dash face panel on this boat? There are no accessible/exposed screws.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/st...volution-black

dash face panel.jpg

I'm hoping it's a pop-off and that I don't have to take off the windshield and the complete dash.

dash black.jpg

I want to remove the tiny HB sonar, fab an insert plate with a stand-off mount for a Carbon 12.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Anyone?

... or a link? I've done a thorough search.
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

3. Member
    The shroud is held on by the gauges. I haven't removed the vinyl shroud. I have some pics of a dual mount I built. I have no idea how to post them here but I can email them if you like. The dash is too weak to support a larger graph. I built a bracket that goes to the fiberglass for the extra support needed.

4. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Csteff View Post
    The shroud is held on by the gauges. I haven't removed the vinyl shroud. I have some pics of a dual mount I built. I have no idea how to post them here but I can email them if you like. The dash is too weak to support a larger graph. I built a bracket that goes to the fiberglass for the extra support needed.
    Thank you! I would certainly like to see that bracket!

You have mail!

5. Member
    Lol...I'm not laughing at u but I liked to of never figured it out...the gauge have a PVC kinda backing on them that u have to grab up close to the guages as u can and unscrew them...the 2 gauges are the only thing holding it in
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

6. Member
    I just built a dash to hold a helix 12 and took 2 L bracket to hold the gimbal mount and it works awesome...I'm on guntersville alot in some pretty bad weather and it holds like a champ

7. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
    Lol...I'm not laughing at u but I liked to of never figured it out...the gauge have a PVC kinda backing on them that u have to grab up close to the guages as u can and unscrew them...the 2 gauges are the only thing holding it in
    Well, that makes it easy! I'll be under the dash today to do some networking and take a peek.

I just built a dash to hold a helix 12 and took 2 L bracket to hold the gimbal mount and it works awesome...I'm on guntersville alot in some pretty bad weather and it holds like a champ
    Pics would be great, as I believe that the 2009 and 2012 dashes are different.

Thanks for the tips, Justin!

Marc
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 06-17-2019 at 04:06 PM.

8. Member

9. Member
    That is a 1/4 piece of aluminum a friend had at his shop it could look a little better probably but that was our 1st go at it and it works...I bought a dekit mount but u would have to drive like a dog looking out a window cause it was so high u couldn't see over it but u could put the thick L brackets on it and bend them a little and they work perfect

10. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    That is a 1/4 piece of aluminum a friend had at his shop it could look a little better probably but that was our 1st go at it and it works...I bought a dekit mount but u would have to drive like a dog looking out a window cause it was so high u couldn't see over it but u could put the thick L brackets on it and bend them a little and they work perfect
    Hey... looks good and it works! Those HB connections are a be-atch to work with. I just removed four HB units from my boat. Replacing with two C12's and a L9.

Giving me more ideas.... Thanks!

p.s.: What happened your windshield?
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 06-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.

11. Member
    Well the first blow was a bad net job...or should I say he fell hard on the way to the front and cracked it and the rest is from the boat cover...if any1 ever needs a boat cover there is a guy in florence Alabama that will make one just for your boat and it's the only o e if every had that doesn't cause drag when pulling it

12. Member
    I'll get some better pics for u tomorrow but the mount works great...only thing I had to do with the brackets is put the mount on them and bend it till I was happy with the way it sat

13. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Well the first blow was a bad net job...or should I say he fell hard on the way to the front and cracked it and the rest is from the boat cover...if any1 ever needs a boat cover there is a guy in florence Alabama that will make one just for your boat and it's the only o e if every had that doesn't cause drag when pulling it
    I believe that you can get a replacement windshield here:

https://teamcandomarine.stores.deale...spx?zcid=65842

Talk to Carol in parts.

14. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Tried and tried to unscrew. Either I'm not strong enough or the retainer rings are stuck!

Gaaaaaaah!

Edit: Ok, so here how it works. Push on face of gauge, unscrew ring. There are little knobs on the ring that grip the dash. Pushing on the face of the gauge releases them and allows the ring to turn.
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 06-17-2019 at 03:18 PM.