Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Lithium Battery Deals

Guys Im at it again, cant leave well enough alone but I just swapped out my 6 month old K2 Lithium's for some new Ionics, Nothing wrong with the K2s I still sell them but as you know I like my gadgets and these new bluetooth batteries are pretty darn cool. I went with 3 50ah for the trolling and a 125/135ah for my starting and electronics, I will be selling these Ionics starting Monday thru my website, I have a new site that will link back to Drew-Tek to Purchase but as always you guys check with me for special deals.

http://lithiumdeals.com/

Im down to a total weight of 82lbs for all 4, plus for now im running a NOCO gen4 charger and lost 15lb on my charger
    will button it up tomorrow night and off to the lake this weekend.
    2019-05-30 20.45.43.jpg2019-05-30 20.46.05.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Sweet.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. Member
    Ball park figure what would it cost me to install same setup you have batteries and charger?

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stratoveros View Post
    Ball park figure what would it cost me to install same setup you have batteries and charger?
    Sent You a PM:
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nice....hopefully i can get my hands on some by end of the year.......of course with all this flooding around here, i dont have much fishing going on....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Any reason why you only went with 50 ah for the trolling motor? That cranking battery should outperform the X2 by a long shot.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Any reason why you only went with 50 ah for the trolling motor? That cranking battery should outperform the X2 by a long shot.
    I have been running the 48ah K2s for 6 months and so far even in a 9 hour tournament I never got them below 50% so just decided to try the same with these. I normally like the extra just in case but sense im going to be selling these I wanted to be able to give my honest opinion on how they preform, if these do good, I will know the the 100ah will handle anyone's needs, I also like the weight savings sense im still playing with speed every so often.

for the cranking I will say that X2 has been a beast and if this Lithium out performs it will be awesome, I guarantee I will push it harder than anyone with my capabilities of a 15amp draw to the main power
    I did manage to kill the X2 a few weeks ago, it was hot had fish in both livewells and pumps on manual, catching so many fish forgot and left all 500 lights on, ran 4 gopros, streaming MLF to the sonic hub all day 4 HDS units, never cranked the boat for more than 2 minutes at a time all day but when it came time to head in I had to push the jump start button
    did some testing yesterday and my light pull 7.5amps, and can save 5 amps putting 2 hds on stanby
    info@drewcraft.com

Only my opinion but a lithium cranking battery is a waste of $$$...Especially, if you have a new V8 motor. The new V8 motors with the larger alternator will keep your battery charged. I've noticed a big increase in the amount of cranking battery % I have left after repowering from the 2 stroke Pro XS. Keep in mind...This is coming from someone who has owned 3 lithium cranking batteries dating back to 2011.

The most cost effective approach to lithium batteries is to simply switch out your trolling motor batteries for lithiums. Switching to a lithium cranking battery you are maybe shaving off another 20-30 lbs at most. The bulk of the weight savings is in the trolling set up. Where lithium batteries truly shine is in trolling applications anyhow. Save your $$$ and use it towards the trolling set up. I'm a big proponent of lithium batteries but a lithium cranking battery is just something you don't honestly need.

I’ve killed my x2 multiple times and last year got a northstar which was the same result. I bet I killed the northstar probably 20 times last year running 3 12s and a 16 with all my stuff and putting graphs in standby. This year I’m running the northstar and a Duracell in parallel and it’s been flawless. I’ve been able to fish 20 hours on that setup over a 2 day period and didn’t have a low voltage alarm until my very last start of the day after the 20 hour period I cranked up with all 4 graphs on and had my solix beep for low voltage. Night and day difference from last year adding the extra battery. I never measured my current draw but it had to be close to 15amps. The current setup gives me 430 RC. After these agms die I’m going to 2 100ah lithiums with 240 RC so 480 total. Currently I have 3 12v 100ah relions on their way for my trolling motor.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I’ve killed my x2 multiple times and last year got a northstar which was the same result. I bet I killed the northstar probably 20 times last year running 3 12s and a 16 with all my stuff and putting graphs in standby. This year I’m running the northstar and a Duracell in parallel and it’s been flawless. I’ve been able to fish 20 hours on that setup over a 2 day period and didn’t have a low voltage alarm until my very last start of the day after the 20 hour period I cranked up with all 4 graphs on and had my solix beep for low voltage. Night and day difference from last year adding the extra battery. I never measured my current draw but it had to be close to 15amps. The current setup gives me 430 RC. After these agms die I’m going to 2 100ah lithiums with 240 RC so 480 total. Currently I have 3 12v 100ah relions on their way for my trolling motor.
    sounds like a plan, I figure I will do the same if this isn't enough I can slide in another in parallel also. my SHO has a high amp alternator but most days we dont crank the motor but a couple of times and in a 10 hour night tournament we never start the engine after we get to the spot.
    info@drewcraft.com

Drewtick did you custom fab that battery holder? Is it mounted onto a piece of star board?

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    Drewtick did you custom fab that battery holder? Is it mounted onto a piece of star board?
    yes I made it, used 1/2" starboard, 1/2" rubber underneath

I reused what I had made for my K2s they were a 27 size so I cut it and made it adjustable

they are solid with they hold down and still protected by the cushion on the bottom

2019-05-30 20.45.31.jpg
    info@drewcraft.com

I’d like to get some info on how you made those hold down brackets.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    You dont have any issues with the sho and the lithiums Andy? That's one thing that's scared me away from the cranking lithium

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    You dont have any issues with the sho and the lithiums Andy? That's one thing that's scared me away from the cranking lithium
    I cant give a answer on that until after tomorrow, I have not ran the cranking battery myself but I do know someone that has need running this same battery with a SHO for a few years and says its flawless,, im fishing tomorrow and have tournaments they following 2 weekends so Ill be giving it a good test.
    having the app for the batteries I will be able to check the voltage from the alternator while running, I know the one having issues with other brands was to much amperage from the alternator shutting down the BMS in the battery, this battery is capable of an 80 amp charge curent
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Banned
    So how much longer will this run say 2 twelves and pumps versus a Northstar or x2?

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    So how much longer will this run say 2 twelves and pumps versus a Northstar or x2?
    fished 5 hours today, and when done
    with 2 recirc pumps on manual and 4 hds on
    2019-06-02 12.14.52.jpg
    cut off 2 hds and showed this
    2019-06-02 12.14.06.jpg
    info@drewcraft.com

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    All Buttoned up

info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    Will a minnkota precision 10 amp charger work with these batteries?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast