Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Just curious. I understand your new batteries will have the bluetooth link so you can monitor charge. You had mentioned you only ran down to 50% on your older K2 batteries powering your TM. How did you know what percent charge left?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrangeraz View Post
    Just curious. I understand your new batteries will have the bluetooth link so you can monitor charge. You had mentioned you only ran down to 50% on your older K2 batteries powering your TM. How did you know what percent charge left?
    yes the Ionics have an app the tells the battery health, SOC, amp and volts in and out and % left and how many hours/minutes left

K2s have lights on the top green, yellow orange red shows 100/75/50/25
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Can you PM me prices for 3 50amp batteries
    and price for cranking battery

Can you pm me the price of 12 volt 50amp batteries. Not sue if going 24 or 36 volt setups as I’m looking into a ghost trolling motor.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO

5. Member
    Please pm me price for 3 50amp 12v and 3 100amp 12v. I’m not sure on which amp I’ll go with yet. I’m Going with 112 ultrex on a 921 elite.

6. Member
    I am curious. Is it possible to run my 112 ultrex full throttle for 20 to 30 minutes without doing any damage to it. I fish alot of electric only lakes

Can you price me for 36volt system. No starting battery just trollIng. #27 and #31

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMJ View Post
    I am curious. Is it possible to run my 112 ultrex full throttle for 20 to 30 minutes without doing any damage to it. I fish alot of electric only lakes
    My 112 Ultrex has been on full power for hours on end facing into a strong wind on spot lock with lithium trollers. Hadn’t even thought that would be a concern.
    2014 920/SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    My 112 Ultrex has been on full power for hours on end facing into a strong wind on spot lock with lithium trollers. Hadn’t even thought that would be a concern.
    MK has a deal in their owners manual about lithium...not sure what it's all about tho
    Fish have fins, they swim

10. Member
    I purchased the 3 x 50AH Ionic batteries and a tray to hold them from Andy for my new 721's TM. Andy was super easy to work with and these batteries are incredible! They are paired to a brushless Lowrance Ghost, so I have no experience of how they run with a brushed Ultrex.

I have had them out about 10 times so far from 4 to 9 hours. I fished a tournament for 8 hours on Sunday and was spot-locking and holding in the wind while fishing deep ledges and brush and still had 81% left. That's the lowest that they have been at the end of a single day, and that's holding in white caps and not on a wind-less day. I am not fishing any current, but I can't imagine burning through the 50 AH batteries in a day. The PP charge would be even better, but I can't see needing it unless you are fishing and river with a ton of current or on a trip fishing for days on end with no way to charge at night.

Just my $0.02.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcr View Post
    Can you price me for 36volt system. No starting battery just trollIng. #27 and #31
    PM sent
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...trolling-motor

13. Member
    Most of the batteries is anglers use are LiFePO4 not Lithium Ion.
    The LiFePO4 Lithium batteries can be used with our motor. LiFePO4 batteries that have a maximum continuous output current ratings need to be higher than the maximum current ratings of the trolling motor or the battery will turn off.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    The LiFePO4 Lithium batteries can be used with our motor. LiFePO4 batteries that have a maximum continuous output current ratings need to be higher than the maximum current ratings of the trolling motor or the battery will turn off.
    So I don’t see a listing on the Minnkota TM spec chart titled “Max current rating”. I do see “max thrust” =112 and “max amp draw” =52 listed. Please advise of what is the max current rating for a 112 ultrex? Thank you

15. Member
    Not if you’re not running the engine I don’t run mine much i would rather fish than ride around

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    PM sent
    DREWTICK, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Just wondering if you received it. IF you did not I will resend. Thank you sir.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    Wayne Purdum posted on a Facebook page that even with LifeP04 that you still should only run at 85% for extended periods

MK
    Minn Kota trolling motors can run on Lithium Ion batteries. However, they are specifically designed to run on traditional lead acid batteries (flooded, AGM or GEL). Lithium Ion batteries maintain higher voltages for longer periods of time than lead acid. Therefore, running a Minn Kota trolling motor at speeds higher than 85% for a prolonged period could cause permanent damage to the motor.

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    DREWTICK, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Just wondering if you received it. IF you did not I will resend. Thank you sir.

got it sorry I must have not hit send that day, remember replying
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Hey Drew. Trying to PM you but your inbox is full.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogs View Post
    Hey Drew. Trying to PM you but your inbox is full.
    yep I have to dump the last 50 messages about every day, its clear now but feel free to text me at 910-722-0001
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast