Best Travel Cover?

Who makes the best cover for Power Poles? Stowed, travel covers. I was reading post about highway resonance deploying them while going down the road and though I might need/want a cover.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Can I ask where you read about highway resonance deploying a Power Pole? Sounds like a fish story to me. Power Pole and Rod Warrior make the best travel covers on the market IMO.

3. Member
    I have heard a couple of stories about that happening as well, so to be proactive i purchase a set of these but in the 12 inch. Does the same trick, but cheaper....
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/One-Tie-...0058/304343233
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

4. Member
    It was on this forum, it was a link from an older post. I don't take long trips with the boat, haven't yet. But the last thing I want is to kill my pole. And my luck is usually pretty good about being bad. It stays just under a shed, not enclosed, so it would keep the dirt dobbers and spiders out of it.
    I do have some velcro straps similar to those ties. I'll look at those from Rod Warrior.
    Thanks

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have heard of accidental deployment while traveling when power has not ben termiated to pumps yes, however deployment from highway resonance I have never heard of nor do I believe its possible and impossible with power cut to pumps when traveling.

6. Member
    Mine is not wired through the master on the dash. Not sure why the dealer did not do that, but he didn't.

unless you hit the button, or have a leak, they should not randomly deploy! I know mine never have!

1999 Triton TR-19 PDC
    1999 Mercury 175 EFI
    25P Tempest Prop-worked by Croxton
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MDI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Console
    Humminbird Helix 5
    Humminbird Mega 360
    Mega Live
    8in Vance MFG. jack plate
    2 10ft Minnkota Raptors

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jham0077 View Post
    Mine is not wired through the master on the dash. Not sure why the dealer did not do that, but he didn't.
    The battery cut off requires a minimum of 80 dedicated amps for twin poles, 40 amp per pump. Could very well be why he didnt use a dash cutoff. Best to use a marinco 701 or similar cutoff just dedicated to the Power Poles.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mhines View Post
    unless you hit the button, or have a leak, they should not randomly deploy! I know mine never have!
    and they wont, wind resonance can not and wont cause deployment. Your buddy throwing his coffee cup into the trucks cup holder that has the remote lying in it however will..lol

10. Member
    I bought a set from Russell Marine, I think I paid around $35 each. I've got no complaints.

11. mikesxpress
    Ratchet straps. Cheaper, easier to R&R vs a cover, and reduces pole vibration.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=967668