Took the grandkids fishin' 5-23 and 5-28

The fish have been eating the ned rig up down at Table Rock so we decided to take the kids, and the grandkids fishin'. We had a ball.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 05-30-2019 at 09:38 PM.

2. Member
    Looks like a great time !!!! Steve how heavy of a jighead do you use ?? Do you use the Z-Man lures or another brand ?? Thanks for sharing !!

I use the Z-man 1/10 oz, with no weed guard. I only throw the actual Z-Man TRD. I have been tearing them up on the peanut butter and jelly color, and the green pumpkin/orange. The little mushroom head jig has an awesome little bait keeper on the shaft and I put 1 drop of super glue on it to hold the TRD tight to the head. I probably catch 30 or 40 fish, or more before I have to change baits....It is awesome, and stupid easy to catch fish on.

Untitled.png
    Last edited by luvdmymerc; 06-03-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Then we took Ethan on Tuesday 5/28. We all laughed until we cried. We caught so many fish. I taught Ethan to use a spinning rig instead of the little kids spin cast outfit. He caught on very quickly and had the big fish of the day right down until the last hour. Fortunately I caught a beast on my last cast or he would have rubbed it in for ever.......What at day.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 06-03-2019 at 09:27 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdmymerc View Post
    I use the Z-man 1/10 oz, with no weed guard. I only throw the actual Z-Man TRD. I have been tearing them up on the peanut butter and jelly color, and the green pumpkin/orange. The little mushroom head jig has an awesome little bait keeper on the shaft and I put 1 drop of super glue on it to hold the TRD tight to the head. I probably catch 30 or 40 fish, or more before I have to change baits....It is awesome, and stupid easy to catch fish on.

Untitled.png
    Thanks, I'm going to start trying the Ned rig next time I go out, also the Neko rig, NICE fish !!!!!!

Bass Pro has had their TRD's on sale for the last several weeks. They are regularly 4.59 for 8pcs, they are on sale for $3.59....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdmymerc View Post
    Bass Pro has had their TRD's on sale for the last several weeks. They are regularly 4.59 for 8pcs, they are on sale for $3.59....

Went by Bass Pro on Friday night and the TRD's, and the little mushroom heads are still on sale.