Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From the horses mouth... Ranger Vs. Skeeter

Well... I let 2 Ranger guys take my ZX250 out on the water and they said word for word that it handles and rides better than the 2016 Z521c that they have. I think we already knew that... Their hole shot was 6-7 seconds longer compared to my ZX loaded down. While fishing, I can say that the Ranger was a bit more stable and shifted weight a little better but not enough to worry. His Ranger seems under powered with the 250 Pro XS and a repower with a 4S will probably do it good.

I feel good

-Roger
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by rxskeeter View Post
    Well... I let 2 Ranger guys take my ZX250 out on the water and they said word for word that it handles and rides better than the 2016 Z521c that they have. I think we already knew that... Their hole shot was 6-7 seconds longer compared to my ZX loaded down. While fishing, I can say that the Ranger was a bit more stable and shifted weight a little better but not enough to worry. His Ranger seems under powered with the 250 Pro XS and a repower with a 4S will probably do it good.

I feel good

-Roger
    I've owned several from both brands. Love them both. Always my top 2 choices. That being said if they are a true 6-7 seconds behind you on hole shot then they have a setup or weight issue that can be modified and improved. That is an eternity of a hole shot.

4. Member
    with this test in the books they will probly shut down the ranger line of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    with this test in the books they will probly shut down the ranger line of boats.

Seriously why I love this forum sometimes.

I rode with Marty Robinson on day 1 of the Grand Lake event last year (Skeeter) and then Roy Hawk on day 2 (Ranger). Both great boats, but that FX20 was sick. Marty was a lot cleaner than Roy too, but that's beside the point.

6. Member
    LOL. Its interesting to see reactions of folks that end up putting their foot in their mouth. Its not often that they will admit it.

Also... if your dealer used lags to mount a dek it over your recessed tray, make sure you take them out and run some 1/4" fine thread bolts with lock nuts and fender washers. Found out the hard way when my graph came off the floor.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

7. Member
    If anyone has a 6 second hole shot, you have a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    If anyone has a 6 second hole shot, you have a real problem.
    The "reported" holeshot was 6-7 secs longer than the skeeter which means 10-11 seconds assuming the skeeter's is 4 secs..
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

9. Member
    It was bad. It needs prop work. I don't think its getting enough ventilation and may require additional holes. The 2 10' blades and full livewells don't help either.

And just because... Brown ones for attention

smallies.jpg
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

10. Banned
    But at the end of the day you still have a Skeeter and they have Rangers.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    But at the end of the day you still have a Skeeter and they have Rangers.

I just wave as I pass them
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    The "reported" holeshot was 6-7 secs longer than the skeeter which means 10-11 seconds assuming the skeeter's is 4 secs..
    Yea I'm well aware of what he said. I'm saying if your hole shot is even 6 seconds somethings wrong, much less 6 seconds longer than whatever other boat.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Yea I'm well aware of what he said. I'm saying if your hole shot is even 6 seconds somethings wrong, much less 6 seconds longer than whatever other boat.
    Yep. We're in agreement. The forehead smack was directed at the original post.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

14. Member
    Yep. We're in agreement. The forehead smack was directed at the original post.
    This makes more sense!

15. Member
    I love my Skeeter ZX200 but a friend has a Ranger Z118 and that boat has way more front deck and seating space than mine, both are single consoles. His boat rides more level but it always seems a little squirelly at speed. I'll keep mine but would rather have more deck space
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I love my Skeeter ZX200 but a friend has a Ranger Z118 and that boat has way more front deck and seating space than mine, both are single consoles. His boat rides more level but it always seems a little squirelly at speed. I'll keep mine but would rather have more deck space
    I noticed that as well in comparison
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

17. Member

I can confidently say with livewell full and fuel I am under the 4 seconds. This rig really impresses me.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

18. Member
    Agreed,
    but either of the 9 rangers I owned top cap ever came apart. New skeeter on its way to TX now looks like I will be fishing out of the ranger for the next few weeks. Depending on how Skeeter treats me I might have to go back to Ranger,Or another Brand

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMarkszx250 View Post
    Agreed,
    but either of the 9 rangers I owned top cap ever came apart. New skeeter on its way to TX now looks like I will be fishing out of the ranger for the next few weeks. Depending on how Skeeter treats me I might have to go back to Ranger,Or another Brand
    Hopefully when that all clears, we will see the pictures.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

My boat rides and fishes very well. I love the hole shot, especially after the flash and CB Foil, its like driving a sports car now. Ive never been in a 521 only a 520 and 519 and I can honestly say neither road or drove as good as the skeeter. However the front deck on the 520 is huge.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast