Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So after shimming in every different possible manner it felt like I came up with this, shimming the front outside edge little higher than the inside at very nose of the boat and shimming smaller and smaller up the outside edge back towards arm joint, it will latch most every time unless the trolling motor is pulled to the center of the boat just a hair as you lay it down. If there is any force to pull motor or arm to center of the boat It WILL NOT LATCH lol. Tired of screwing with so i left it there. Also i used a combo of stainless fender washers and rubber washers from Lowe's. Also ended up 3m sticking a rubber fender washer inside T&H marine bounce buster for a even softer landing of the leg on the tolling motor when you go to lay it down on the deck. Seemed to help and made the dropping of the trolling motor on the deck much softer. Just thought I would share. Still going to try and get my dealer to inspect and see about a new Arm/Bracket I hope.

thanks for the update.

3. Member
    Sorry to bring this up once again but wanted to give another update. Noticed that when i simply loosen the single hex head bolt holding the motor and shaft to the arm everything frees up and the unit will latch with ease. simply tighten the bolt and it binds something up in there. Minnkota wants me to take it to my dealer for there advise which I am at my 20 hr service but between now and then I was hoping to find the problem. I cannot be the only with this issus. The cast dowels under the aread of the part the attaches to the TM mount arm look to be rubbing on one side more than the other. So frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12