Replacement 2015 Z7 cover

My Dowco cover has started leaving dandruff in my boat and developed a hole at the trolling motor foot, seemingly overnight. Have any of you found a replacement cover that you are happy with and was less expensive than the Dowco?

2. Member
    My dowco cover leaks like no tomorrow and the other thing is that you receive no instructions on how to trailer so when trailering the cover is glued to the windshield . The poles suck also. So if some one know's of a better cover I'd sure like to know. It makes me mad at how much these people think everyone is a millionaire and have money just to throw around. I know it's business but give every one a break.

3. Member
    I don’t know about less expensive but for quality you can’t beat Aurora canvas in Battlefield MO.

4. Member
    I spray this on my cover with a 1 gallon pressure pump sprayer to keep it water repellent. I can't comment on another cover because I have always had a factory cover.
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

5. Member
    I agree with jig man, i don't think you can beat Aurora canvas. No w i just boat a new nitro z19 and i am using the factory cover but when i need a new one i will call aurora. They are pricey but quality is top notch. Also not sure what you have for insurance but my insurance cover my cost minus deductible for my cover. I didn't know they would myself but after checking it was covered. Might be something to check out we pay for the coverage anyhow might as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    I agree with jig man, i don't think you can beat Aurora canvas. No w i just boat a new nitro z19 and i am using the factory cover but when i need a new one i will call aurora. They are pricey but quality is top notch. Also not sure what you have for insurance but my insurance cover my cost minus deductible for my cover. I didn't know they would myself but after checking it was covered. Might be something to check out we pay for the coverage anyhow might as well use it.
    ++++1

Quote Originally Posted by bison2312 View Post
    I spray this on my cover with a 1 gallon pressure pump sprayer to keep it water repellent. I can't comment on another cover because I have always had a factory cover.
    This is the way to keep it waterproof and still breathable.

How much does a gallon of that 303 cost and where did you get it? Thanks.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

9. Member
    Do you spray this on while the canvas is on the boat for logistical ease? Any impact on boat finish with any overspray?
    Thanks....Bobby