2. Member
    hope you are liking the unit.

Would not fish without mine.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I don’t know if anything that has came along that has put more fish in the boat .I can not fish with out it ,I almost feel lost with out it.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    hope you are liking the unit.

Would not fish without mine.
    I am definitely enjoying it. Just going to take me some time to learn it.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I don’t know if anything that has came along that has put more fish in the boat .I can not fish with out it ,I almost feel lost with out it.
    I havent put anymore fish in the boat with it yet. I can easily see how it can. The 2 screenshots with structure is 2 places I've fished for years. First trip out with livescope showed me what was actually down there.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We have found fish in spots we never knew about,Heres a crazy thing is how many fish hang out in the middle the of coves suspended.I do a lot of trolling with the scope if I see fish I throw a lure usually a small bait like crappie jig just to see what’s down there.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I always have looked forward to getting the boat and fishing. My livescope gives me another reason to get excited to go. Lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I always have looked forward to getting the boat and fishing. My livescope gives me another reason to get excited to go. Lol
    Me too..It’s amazing seeing how much activity there is below mw

Catching fish when the conventional equip says there is nothing there.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

10. Member
    seeing how fish are reacting to bait and cover with this unit in real time is priceless.

You can alter your presentation while watching how they react .

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lovvorn View Post
    Catching fish when the conventional equip says there is nothing there.
    Thats called fishing! If you NEED livescope to help you catch fish then god forbid if you didn't have it. But if your knowledgeable enough you SHOULD, over years of experience have an idea where fish might be gravitating to in a certain body of water. I fished a few times with a buddy that has one and I guess I can say I definitely didn't feel as proud catching fish using that technology compared to traditional sonar. I like the hunting aspect of try to find and locate fish, I want to use my head and think about where the fish might be rather than having something tell me, 'oh, the fish I over there!'. Especially when you know you probably wouldn't have thought to move your boat in that direction. Fishing with livescope is EZ-PZ, no skill needed as a fisherman which is nice. If you can't catch A LOT more fish using that technology, then you got issues.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    Thats called fishing! If you NEED livescope to help you catch fish then god forbid if you didn't have it. But if your knowledgeable enough you SHOULD, over years of experience have an idea where fish might be gravitating to in a certain body of water. I fished a few times with a buddy that has one and I guess I can say I definitely didn't feel as proud catching fish using that technology compared to traditional sonar. I like the hunting aspect of try to find and locate fish, I want to use my head and think about where the fish might be rather than having something tell me, 'oh, the fish I over there!'. Especially when you know you probably wouldn't have thought to move your boat in that direction. Fishing with livescope is EZ-PZ, no skill needed as a fisherman which is nice. If you can't catch A LOT more fish using that technology, then you got issues.
    Having a bad day? Hope it gets better?

13. Member
    Sounds like Garmin should pay to use this post as a product plug.

14. Member
    So you're argument is based on convention. And I can't tell if you're supporting the product or just being a smartass to those that have or want it. The fact that Livescope can be viewed as a cheat tool is one perspective. The fact that it's just another tool, is another. Think about what kind of information you can learn about things that you wouldn't see without the information. Even if that/those fish were gimmies (which we all no there is no such thing), you'd still essentially be learning something in why those fish were relating to an area, what bait made them curious versus commit. I'm just confused because you're basically saying you'd rather hunt fish and not catch, versus find fish with a new transducer and catch. Call me a sellout, but I'd much rather catch while interpreting information given to me on the monitor.

And let's be real, we all don't "need" this fancy tech to catch fish. We simply want it because we're either nerds, weekend warriors/professionals, or simply have too much money to blow. Fact is, the technology is so incredible right now, why not have it? I can honestly say I've learned an incredible amount of information since I rigged up my Mega imaging units. I cannot wait to get out there with Livescope and see a new perspective and apply it towards my ever growing need to learn more about fish.

15. Member
    Sounds like one more person has Livescope envy. Guess he needs to revert back to a dugout canoe and a tree branch with cat gut to feel like a real fisherman. LOL, well at least his post made me laugh!

16. BBC SPONSOR
    The way I see it is everyone I fish against is using some kind of electrics to help then find/catch fish. Some love Lowrance, some love Birds, I personally choose Garmin. Even once you find them it doesn't mean they will bite.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I don’t care what people think as you can use technology or you can use a Cane pole and everything is a upgrade from a Cane pole.