Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Im sure he had the best docs that money could buy and his agent was involved Im sure. I would bet his had his own doc that looked at what was going on also.
    after isaiah thomas, and the whole Kawhi situation where we dont know what happened....but for a seemingly down to earth (maybe too), normal guy to refuse to play for the best coach of this decade and an all timer is SUPER weird. Makes me wonder, and the rumours said something similar, wether team docs said he was good but personal docs said no.

I can see that here...then factor in ALL the damn pressure....and (imo) KD's fragile ego and oversensitivity....seems like a recipe for disaster. The client makes the decision. If he tells his doctor and agent he's going cuz the team docs said it was ok....its what he is gonna do.

The plus is he is still young. I dont think the skinny body helps...but maybe its like pitchers where those long lanky guys seem to have some extra little durability cuz of that lanky frame. best wishes for him as a person either way.

I wish all athletes could stay healthy all year.....but it doesnt work that way and if it did the Dallas Cowboys, and Boston Red Sox would win the championship every year.....

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Raptors should not called TO with 3:30 left, they had The MO and then CHOKED
    Never seen anything like it. Leonard was hot and the Raptors call a TO.....to cool him off....huh???
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    I honestly don’t follow the NBA much and haven’t watched much of the finals. However I hope Toronto loses just by the fact of the videos I have seen of Toronto fans cheering when Durant got injured again.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    . . .

I truly hate that for him, because I do feel like he was the best player in the game at this time.
    I love to hate him, only because he plays for the other guys. But I agree. If I could pick one guy to build a team around it would be KD. He has it all and I truly hope to see him make a successful return.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    after isaiah thomas, and the whole Kawhi situation where we dont know what happened....but for a seemingly down to earth (maybe too), normal guy to refuse to play for the best coach of this decade and an all timer is SUPER weird. Makes me wonder, and the rumours said something similar, wether team docs said he was good but personal docs said no.

I can see that here...then factor in ALL the damn pressure....and (imo) KD's fragile ego and oversensitivity....seems like a recipe for disaster. The client makes the decision. If he tells his doctor and agent he's going cuz the team docs said it was ok....its what he is gonna do.

The plus is he is still young. I dont think the skinny body helps...but maybe its like pitchers where those long lanky guys seem to have some extra little durability cuz of that lanky frame. best wishes for him as a person either way.

I wish all athletes could stay healthy all year.....but it doesnt work that way and if it did the Dallas Cowboys, and Boston Red Sox would win the championship every year.....
    An injury free cowboys team still couldn’t win it all. They have Dak running the ship. An early playoff bounce is the best they’ll ever do with him...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    I honestly don’t follow the NBA much and haven’t watched much of the finals. However I hope Toronto loses just by the fact of the videos I have seen of Toronto fans cheering when Durant got injured again.
    That was disgusting and not normally something you see in Toronto.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    I do not watch much either and I echo your opinion. My understanding is that Durant is a really good person too. Not one of the guys that plays the bad guy,

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I do not watch much either and I echo your opinion. My understanding is that Durant is a really good person too. Not one of the guys that plays the bad guy,
    He seems like a great guy. It's to bad he got hurt.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I think if they knew the severity of it they would not have acted that way. Looking at it from the fans perspective nothing really happened and he just hobbled to the sideline. It didn't "look" serious at all. Media built it up all day that he was coming back to be the hero and win the championship, and then he goes down over what looks like nothing and they cheered. Not saying it's right, but it's not what the media is making it out to be either.

10. Member
    They cheered when he motioned over to his bench to send help for him to move.

11. Member
    you did see the minority owner of the warriors that went out of his way to shove a raptors player who was going for a loose ball right. every team has those type of fans.

12. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    They cheered when he motioned over to his bench to send help for him to move.
    There was a huge number of fans Cheering I read in the paper. . . Totally DISGUSTING & Ignorant Toronto Fans. I've watched a few Hours of the Final > Now I could care less who Wins.

13. Member
    I'm not a Durant fan after what he did to the thunder. The thunder were up 3 to 1 on GS and could ( should have) won but got their rear ends beat thanks to KD and Westbrook's bad play, then KD decided to ride the coat tails of GS to win a championship ring, and he did, so as i said I'm not a KD fan but to hear the Raptor fans cheer for him when he got hurt was disgusting, show a little class!! I was pulling for Toronto but I hope GS pulls it out now.

14. Member
    ESPN is reporting an Achilles tear.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rk-undergo-mri
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Didn't Blue Jays fans shower the field with beer cans and trash in the playoffs a few years ago when they disagreed with a call?

Not sure it's the same with the Raptors, but with the Blue Jays there were a lot of bandwagon fans who didn't attend games until the playoffs (look at the normal attendance numbers during the regular season). You get a bunch of people who are just there for the atmosphere and could care less about the team the rest of the year, you increase the chances of bad behavior. The bandwagon fans give the true fans a bad name, can happen anywhere or to any team.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by HUB View Post
    I'm not a Durant fan after what he did to the thunder. The thunder were up 3 to 1 on GS and could ( should have) won but got their rear ends beat thanks to KD and Westbrook's bad play, then KD decided to ride the coat tails of GS to win a championship ring, and he did, so as i said I'm not a KD fan but to hear the Raptor fans cheer for him when he got hurt was disgusting, show a little class!! I was pulling for Toronto but I hope GS pulls it out now.
    Couldn't agree more about Durant. In my opinion he is a worthless slime ball. I'll always believe he threw that game 5 for his new boyfriends, Draymond Green and gang. He totally screwed the city of Oklahoma City with his, "I"m a good Christian and I love my mama" and "I love the people of OKC" and "I just can't decide" crap. All along leading everyone to believe he would stay. So then he stalls past the trade deadline so Thunder management couldn't trade him for 2 or 3 other players of possible value. No he just pisses on the whole City and fanbase and goes to the dirtiest playing team in the NBA that stole our pennant right out of our hands. A bigger betrayal I've never seen. You can say players have the right to change teams and do all the time....but not like Kevin Durant did it. He left a hole that is still being felt. If it hadn't been for the good luck of landing Paul George we would have been more screwed that we are.

If some crazy circumstance came about where he came back to the Thunder, I would quit being a fan.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Couldn't agree more about Durant. In my opinion he is a worthless slime ball. I'll always believe he threw that game 5 for his new boyfriends, Draymond Green and gang. He totally screwed the city of Oklahoma City with his, "I"m a good Christian and I love my mama" and "I love the people of OKC" and "I just can't decide" crap. All along leading everyone to believe he would stay. So then he stalls past the trade deadline so Thunder management couldn't trade him for 2 or 3 other players of possible value. No he just pisses on the whole City and fanbase and goes to the dirtiest playing team in the NBA that stole our pennant right out of our hands. A bigger betrayal I've never seen. You can say players have the right to change teams and do all the time....but not like Kevin Durant did it. He left a hole that is still being felt. If it hadn't been for the good luck of landing Paul George we would have been more screwed that we are.

If some crazy circumstance came about where he came back to the Thunder, I would quit being a fan.
    Ever think you're taking it a bit too serious? What 5 guys do on a basketball court shouldn't affect your life.

18. Banned

Did you watch any of the basketball games in that series? there's one reason KD left. if anyone watched any of those games you know exactly what Im talking about. AND SPOILER ALERT....that reason is still there. Westbrook threw that game with his hero ball and just chucking it up and not being a team player. Dudes driving the lane when the whole teams hoovering around the basket like he thought he was shaq or something. We see the same from westbrook year after year. This year he's kinda gotten better cuz he likes PG....and realizes he'll never do anything beside dress in funky clothes unless he, himself changes.

rewatch that series man. I have no loyalties to teams, and tend to root for players. I was a KD guy (till he left too) so the thunder were my favorite team...and I jumped on the wagon early cuz i thought they could be a dynasty....this was when harden was on the team. Lets not forget that. The MVP was on the thunder and he left.....why did he leave? Cuz KD and Russ were the stars and he wanted that......KD isnt a selfish player on the court. Westbrook was and still is. KD wasnt the biggest reason harden left....again, its Westbrook and his style. Unfotunately for Westbrook he is more athletic than he is skilled....and he is very skilled....but he's no kobe or anything like that scoring wise, but he thinks he is.....like literally thinks he is Kobe, he's a cali guy after all.

Easier to find a scapegoat instead of looking inward. There is a hole in your team....and that black hole that sucks everything down is named Russell Westbrook.

19. Banned

Im sure you would quit being a fan. In the EXACT same way all the Lebron jersey burners did when he came back and won them a ring! LOL

20. Banned
    Chasing triple doubles to pad his personal stats....great team guy. and KD was the problem right?

Curry and KD laughing at Westbrook missing out on his triple double even tho he is trying up until the last second

Some opinion videos breaking down the problem that is Westbrook.

So i can just avoid typing out a book! lol

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast