Axiom vs Element

Good morning. First off I can see the physical differences between the two but this is more of a question about function. If you had the choice which one would you choose?
    Thanks.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The element is a stand alone unit for kayaks potion boats Etc. I say this because it can’t be networked together with a bow unit or multiple units. It has the LH sports not as versatile on building apps. Probably about the same size as the Axiom Pro. Great units just depend on what your wanting, needing out of a unit.

3. Member
    Element has Hypervision(Mega) sidescan and downscan where Axiom does not.

Axiom can be networked and has more apps available. And touchscreen.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    The element is a stand alone unit for kayaks potion boats Etc. I say this because it can’t be networked together with a bow unit or multiple units. It has the LH sports not as versatile on building apps. Probably about the same size as the Axiom Pro. Great units just depend on what your wanting, needing out of a unit.
    It'd be a lot clearer choice if there was a LH3/network HV option.

5. Member
    it would make sense for them to do it

6. Member
    Thanks. Is the hyper vision that much better?
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue perch View Post
    Higher resolution with shorter range. Prettier pictures at a minimum. Really any remotely modern fishfinder is pretty darn awesome.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue perch View Post
    Hypervision is the real deal. Check my previous posts for some pics.

9. Member
    Are there things that an Axiom can do that an Element can't? I know that the Element is HV and the Axiom is RV so we can skip that discussion.

I can't find a side by side comparison of units. Does the Element have the Gyro-Stabilized imaging? If not does that make the Axiom pictures a lot better? What is the difference between Lighthouse and Lighthouse sport? The thing I find very interesting about the Element is that I can get a 12" screen with Navionics maps for the price of a Garmin 106SV or HB Helix 10MSI+. I think the screen resolution in pixels is the same, which is fine, 12" is easier to see things on than 10" (especially in my kayak where I put the sonar on in front of my pedals) and lean forward to "zoom" :)

I am still on the fence but I have to say that the Element 12 is definitely a contender.

10. Member
    Im not sure of all the specs, but Axiom is perhaps aimed more at an offshore boat maybe on a network with engine, weather, etc data. Its capable of more apps and settings.

Element is more for a smaller boat/kayak/inshore freshwater single unit. The Lighthouse software has less options.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Axiom has more customizable option and networking capabilities.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxfisher View Post
    Are there things that an Axiom can do that an Element can't? I know that the Element is HV and the Axiom is RV so we can skip that discussion.

I can't find a side by side comparison of units. Does the Element have the Gyro-Stabilized imaging? If not does that make the Axiom pictures a lot better? What is the difference between Lighthouse and Lighthouse sport? The thing I find very interesting about the Element is that I can get a 12" screen with Navionics maps for the price of a Garmin 106SV or HB Helix 10MSI+. I think the screen resolution in pixels is the same, which is fine, 12" is easier to see things on than 10" (especially in my kayak where I put the sonar on in front of my pedals) and lean forward to "zoom" :)

I am still on the fence but I have to say that the Element 12 is definitely a contender.
    That is what I thought in general. I just wanted to know if there were any features that were good for a small boat that were on the Axiom and not on the Element. The one that seems kind of interesting is the Gyro-Stabilized imaging. I am curious if that is just on the Axiom. If so does anyone know if it makes a big difference in image quality?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Axiom has more customizable option and networking capabilities.
    If it is just networking (which I don't need) and being more customizable (which I can live without) then it sounds like the Element is better choice. I find it odd that Raymarine does not have a side by side comparison of the units on their site. Maybe it is just networking or no networking in terms of why you would get one versus the other.

14. Member
    Last edited by Jig34; 10-02-2019 at 09:42 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    In a nutshell...

For most freshwater situations, if you only need 1 unit or 2 units maxnetworked and 7", 9" or 12" size works for you, the hands down I’dgo with Element

Significant difference
    * Element is BUTTONS ONLY – if you can’t live without a touch screen, thenAxiom or Axiom Pro

* If you need a a thermal camera, then Axiom/ Pro
    * If you need 3 or more units networked,then Axiom / Pro
    * If you need hard wired radar, Then Axiom/ Pro

If you are strictlyfishing in and around Janesville, then Element is a great choice for everythingfrom smallies to walleye to largemouth to perch and panfish and even for a tripto big water.
    Thanks, that is perfect. Definitely sounds like the Element is what I would want in a kayak - although I am intrigued by the idea of a thermal camera :)