625 pro elite set up help

Hey,
    I just purchased a 2018 625 pro with a 250 pro xs 2 stroke on it. I am reaching out here for help on set up and operation help i had never been in a blazer prior to this boat but i loved it so i bought it. It has a bobs hydro on it and a fury 26p 4 blade. Can i get some assistance on jackplate height and right prop out of the gate. Also whats the best way to run these boats to keep em from getting squirrely? Im not in this boat to go 80. Im in this boat cus its sweet. Is it a lower jackplate high trim kinda boat etc? Any help would be great. Whats the best prop to pad guys. Just need some help its an awesome boat just want to get the most out of it. I read on other places they can be a comfy dry ride. That is what I am after and thought here I could save myself months of trial and error thanks in advance

2. Member
    for my 625 the 26 fury 3 blade and the 26 bravo XS are the easiest to drive. not the fastest by any means. also the 26 fury for me has the best hole shot. i usually start around 2.75 for holeshot and work up based on speed.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A properly set up 625 will like the prop shaft height between 1.5-.5in below the pad and with the boat running pretty neutral trim levels, all depending on load, when at WOT.

One of the biggest set up mistakes that most new owners make with a high performance hull, is not getting the weight distributed side to side equally.Lay a 4ft level on the back deck and get the weight as close to level as possible. Also, if you fish with a partner more often than not, then set up your rig that way.

4. Member
    Good advice from Rebel1

5. Member
    My 625 seems to like the jp gauge at 2 or a hair under with 27tempest plus... she can be a dog out the hole at times, haven’t really played with plugs yet but pretty sure I can help it when I have some time to play with it..

2018 blazer 625 Pro Elite
    2018 mercury 250 pro xs
    helix 12, helix 9
    ultrex 112, dual blades.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydbrown View Post
    Hey,
    I just purchased a 2018 625 pro with a 250 pro xs 2 stroke on it. I am reaching out here for help on set up and operation help i had never been in a blazer prior to this boat but i loved it so i bought it. It has a bobs hydro on it and a fury 26p 4 blade. Can i get some assistance on jackplate height and right prop out of the gate. Also whats the best way to run these boats to keep em from getting squirrely? Im not in this boat to go 80. Im in this boat cus its sweet. Is it a lower jackplate high trim kinda boat etc? Any help would be great. Whats the best prop to pad guys. Just need some help its an awesome boat just want to get the most out of it. I read on other places they can be a comfy dry ride. That is what I am after and thought here I could save myself months of trial and error thanks in advance
    chine walk on these boats is very difficult to tame settle on a comfortable speed that you feel safe with and you will enjoy the boat a lot more i did

7. Member
    Has anyone tried 12”-14” setback?

I'm running a 12" Bobs on mine with a 29p Bravo xs. Little different setup. Gotta 300xs. Can run 80mph loaded down and with 2 grown people. Could run a bigger prop but its a stock Torquemaster and dont think it'd be safe. Will be looking at a Sportmaster in the near futre. As far as the chine mentioned. If i run at 1.5 trim on the Merc monitor gauge theres very little if any chine. Seems that neutral or just above and it runs great. Any higher you def gotta drive it. I dont have a jackplate gague but just bump it up til the water pressure is around 16-18 psi.
    Last edited by BlazerVA; 07-14-2019 at 11:48 PM.

9. Member
    I'd love to get my hands on one to play with. Just not ready to give up the XB2002 Allison yet.

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Come on Chad....you make enough money to own both...lol.

11. Member
    Two in college and wife wanted an in ground pool. That’s where it goes. Lol

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    You just need a couple of shutdowns....lol.

13. Member
    I work at a chemical plant, not a refinery. We have two small shutdowns a year, one 7-10 days and one 20-25 days. Not enough OT from those to have two. Not yet anyway. lol

14. Member
    What is the elevation in Grand Junction?

Most likely you you will need less pitch than guys in Texas or other locations with lower elevation.