Ultrex Small Sonar Cable

I need to replace a small cable. Need to get inside head of Ultrex. Is this difficult to do? Do I need to worry about warrantee?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Very easy to do, just be careful not to pinch the wires when you put it back together. I can't see how it would cause warranty problems but I don't know that for sure lol
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

3. Member
    Not a problem from my point of view. As said above be careful not to pinch the wires. Take apart slowly to see where all wires are setting so they will go back the same way.

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Being experienced as a major equip manufacturer manager, I'd say any internal repair serviceing work is subject to voiding warranty. If it is under warranty and whether wear/neglect/abuse or not, why not have it professionally repaired by manufacturer's service representative?

5. Member
    If the picture you're showing is the cable that needs replacing, it is connected to the transducer. this means the transducer end bell will have to be replaced, the cable ran up the shaft and either pigtailed out of the top as it is now, or it and the extension cable connected in the head. I suggest taking it to an ASC since you're going into the lower unit.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    If the picture you're showing is the cable that needs replacing, it is connected to the transducer. this means the transducer end bell will have to be replaced, the cable ran up the shaft and either pigtailed out of the top as it is now, or it and the extension cable connected in the head. I suggest taking it to an ASC since you're going into the lower unit.
    John
    I was assuming what was pictured is the extension and hence my answer about being easy to get to. If indeed the op needs to replace the entire transducer cable, then yes it Needs to toto asc. My question would then be, how do you know you need to replace it? You can't see it?

I wonder if the OP is just wanting to hide the un-needed US2 cable in the head?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I wonder if the OP is just wanting to hide the un-needed US2 cable in the head?
    That's what I thought initially, but he does mention "replace" so I don't know for sure now.

I do use this cable. The metal thread connector on end of cable is damaged. I just look at a schematic and cable does go all the way down to the transducer. I will take to ASC.
    Last edited by StormR; 05-31-2019 at 05:13 AM.