Airbrush compressor question

I have everything I need to start doing some air brush work, but im pretty limited on space. don't have a garage so I will have to do it all inside the house at the table which isn't a huge deal other than my compressor.
    I have a smaller 3gal air compressor that works fine but its loud and so on. and for me to use it ill have to run a hose from outside on the carport into the house.
    this has got me thinking about getting one of the little small air compressors such as this one from Harbor freight
    https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...sor-93657.html

do any of you all use them and if so do you have any complaints with them over a larger compressor other than just the volume of air they hold. I know it would run more than say my bigger compressor but im ok with that.

2. Member
    I have the Harbor freight model in your link and it works really well and isn't loud at all.

I hate the same. Not loud. It will run a lot. Been using it for about a year with no issue.

i use a California air tools compressor, its pretty quiet, and has decent holding tanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrysRanger374V View Post
    i use a California air tools compressor, its pretty quiet, and has decent holding tanks
    He is limited on space so he needs a small compressor so most likely an airbrush compressor.

6. Member
    I spray in a spare bedroom in my home and paint quite a bit. I have a Cal air compressor as well, two as a matter of fact and I wouldn't own any other brand again. About the size of a HF pancake comp, but larger than the small tankless airbrush comps. Cal air costs significantly more but SUPER QUIET, holds great pressure and real fast cycle times. I went thru two tankless Master brand comps, a HF airbrush comp and one loud HF Pancake and settled on Cal Air. I have found that the smaller tankless comps like the Master and HF tended to over heat and shut down until it had cooled off enough to start back up again, had this problem with two of them, maybe it was just the ones I received. Good luck and happy painting!