Charlvoix ironton launch: MDNR screwes up yet again

Well them guys making decisions at the MDNR are at it again. Totally closing the Ironton launch from June 3rd to " sometime" in august. They had most of April and all of may to get this done , but why do it early when ya can emss up the best launch on the lake for the entire summer. All it needed was a repavement right at the launch slabs. The rest of the launch was just fine. Way to go dumbasses!!! ( Complements of Red Forman)

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/l...reconstruction

2. Member
    They did this because they knew it would pi$$ you off. LOL

3. Member
    I still don't understand why they had to close the entire launch......by looking at the scope of work I would think they could section it off like they do on other projects....
    It's really going to hurt those that don't have enough boat to make long runs in a hurry....
    How bad is that Dutchman's bay launch?? I've seen it from the water but never been there...

I'm headed up this weekend through next week....It doesn't look like the wind is going to be too bad but I'll be burning some gas from Boyne city to the South arm.....They need to cut in a channel between the southern end of the arms...lol
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Member
    I've used dutchmans before, it was fine.

Why not use the East Jordan ramp?

6. Member
    Dutchman's is ok if your not coming from the lake michigan side. If ya are you have to trailer through downtown to get to the road. I personally didn't like that part. There is the municipal Charlvoix ramp off stover road and 66, next to Irish boat shop. It's a shorter run to the south arm that way but. Wind.. ya know. This will just make the launches more crowded by 50 to 60 rigs is all.

And yes. They did it just to piss me off LOL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Why not use the East Jordan ramp?
    Last time I was there it was pretty much unusable..Its probably better now with higher water levels...The city of East Jordan is building a new launch this year..so that will be nice in the future..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn