New Prop Suggestions - Southbay 223CR

Looking to upgrade to a SS steel prop on my toon.
    2015 Southbay 223CR with 2015 Honda 115 OB.
    Current prop is a Solas Amira 3 15.5” Diameter x 13” Pitch aluminum.
    With our usual load of gear, 3/4 tank of gas, and 2 people I’m hitting 6100 RPMs with a top speed of about 26-28.
    Solas New Saturn SS props start at 14.5” Diameter x 15” Pitch.
    I’m completely lost at this point. I would like a little more speed (but I’m realistic), and wouldn’t mind dropping the RPMs to 6000 or slightly below.
    Is jumping to a 15” SS with less diameter vs. a 13” aluminum something I should explore. Or should I stick close to the 13” Pitch spec?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    Does your Southbay have lifting strakes? 2 or 3 pontoon? Length?

I had good results with Powetech's WBX3 on an old 24ft pontoon without lifting strakes compared to Yamaha's aluminum prop. My 2013 Yamaha F115 spun a 14 dia x 13 pitch on that boat up to 6000 rpm. The Yamaha 13 3/4 x 14 pitch aluminum was way underpropped for that boat. Apparantly aluminum props are generally easier to spin.

In your case if I would have to guess, a 15" pitch may be too much. And if it was, there is no choice to go down to 14", so you are back to square 1 if you are forced to go to a different prop. I am not an expert, but I would look for a 14" dia prop with choices in the 14" pitch to 15" pitch range. Pontoons like cupping, so make sure it has some and or is recommended for pontoons.

22.5’ length with two pontoons. No lifting strakes. Yeah, I’m thinking jumping to a 15” is a bit too much. Still looking at a SS prop a little closer to current size. Maybe another brand. Started with a Solas because that’s the current brand.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"