Options on a new Bullet ?

I ordered a new 21 SDC, one of the options was a back splash shield for the splash well area, it keeps water from coming up onto deck if you shut it down too quick, it also helps hide cables etc, would you guys have this on your new boat ? Just curious, don't want it to look like some after market add on, thanks.

2. Member
    I had one on my 09 21RDC & will be installing one on my 17 21SDC soon. I think they look cool. It helped with backwash on my 21RDC but don’t really have a backwash problem on the 21SDC.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I had one on my 09 21RDC & will be installing one on my 17 21SDC soon. I think they look cool. It helped with backwash on my 21RDC but don’t really have a backwash problem on the 21SDC.
    I would like to see your 21 SDC with the back splash, post a pic when you get it installed, or I can send you a number to text it to me, thanks.

4. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    I have one on my 21xdc. Here’s an up close pic. I know it’s not an SDC but at least you can get an idea. I also have one on the bow panel which is also pictured.

DB18FEF4-9A37-4A92-976B-F3A9B82C670A.jpeg
    11D0C522-98E9-4339-B3E8-5A55A40A6679.jpeg
    Last edited by jayfaro; 05-29-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

5. Banned
    I had one on my 20XD but with my 21XRS I really don't see a need for one. They're not had to attach so you can put one on if you need it later... It's just hard drilling on fresh gel coat... Dan

6. Banned
    I like the looks. I didn’t know they finally made one to fit the XRS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I had one on my 20XD but with my 21XRS I really don't see a need for one. They're not had to attach so you can put one on if you need it later... It's just hard drilling on fresh gel coat... Dan
    Yeah I hear ya, it would be installed at the factory if I decide to go that route. I ask Matt at Bullet if he would have one, he said yes, maybe he is just trying to up sell me, lol.

8. Member
    They have one on the Bullet site it shows a picture , looks sweet and for $185 not a bad price especially when it's notched out for the rigging tube .... go for it .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    They have one on the Bullet site it shows a picture , looks sweet and for $185 not a bad price especially when it's notched out for the rigging tube .... go for it .
    That looks great.
    3950E642-3C98-4105-9A0E-4BD1A469BA19.jpeg
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

They are very nice. I have not been in a single bullet that didnt backwash when shut down off pad quickly. Only gradual drop off pad will prevent it . I think they are a necessity on most bullets.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

11. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    yes it cleans up the look of the back very well
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It does look good, and on a Bullet I can definitely see the need for it!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Banned
    I put Chris Bailey's top and lower plate on my jack plate and I have very little backwash... I still come down off plane and feather the throttle but I get very little if any water on the back deck. If I did get any I'd buy and install the shield... Dan

14. Member
    I have a bottom and top plate and I don't ever pay any attention how I come off plane. I know I don't feather. I am not saying if I would just kill the motor that it wouldn't come over the back. Just saying the top and bottom plates help a bunch and you don't have to ease it down.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

15. Member
    I was told I did not need it for backwash, it is just something added that hides some of the rigging and looks cool.

16. Member
    I'd get one, always had one on mine

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I was told I did not need it for backwash, it is just something added that hides some of the rigging and looks cool.
    My boat backwashed bad before I put the cb foil on it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    My boat backwashed bad before I put the cb foil on it.
    I seen you in Sand Branch yesterday, wife and I stunk it up pretty good, did have a couple of good opportunities, just was not in the cards.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I seen you in Sand Branch yesterday, wife and I stunk it up pretty good, did have a couple of good opportunities, just was not in the cards.
    I've got buddies catching them but it seems like every time I get out there they just aren't eating. Too much water and not enough time to figure it out exactly what they are doing.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    I've got buddies catching them but it seems like every time I get out there they just aren't eating. Too much water and not enough time to figure it out exactly what they are doing.
    I am going to tell Randy you had a 6 foot rooster tail behind that boat, he told me cowling high only, lol.