Trim working fine but tilt leaking down??

2012 pro xs 250 serial # 1b916908

Hey guys,, was on a little mini vacation last week and had my boat in the water for 4 days. Boat did great as normal but when I put it back on the tailer and tilted the motor all the way up it would slowly leak back down to the trim. After I got it out of the water I put the motor totor on and trim down on it and it held perfect. So it sems to me the trim is working correctly but the tilt has an issue. I have had a couple instances over the last 2 winters on super cold mornings when I would get to the ramp it would leak a drop or 2 of fluid. I talked to my local dealer and they said it can be common when cold out. So I have never checked the fluid or changed it since I have owned the boat (2014). I do not know the procedure to check the fluid also would like to know if yall think it is simply a fluid issue or better to change it or take to a shop and let them go over it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    Might find more info about this in the 3L forum (what your engine is) a couple forums down.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Thanks I noticed it after i posted. I copied it to the correct forum, but no replies.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    Hang in there, someone will.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax