Saint Jude Tournament

Does anyone know the results of this past Sunday's Saint Jude tournament at Sardis Lake? Thanks again

2. Member
    Same team won it last year won it again this year. 18 lbs I believe.

3. Member
    Not a bad weight for Sardis I suppose but how did the weight look after first. That is what would tell me if the lake is improved. Miss the days when I used to go there and limit out with 4-5 lbs'rs. Still a great crappie lake but the bass don't seem to rebound as well. Does anyone know if it is getting any better?

4. Member
    11 lbs got 4th .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinreb View Post
    11 lbs got 4th .
    Okay that answers my question. If 4th was less than a pound behind first I would think it is improving but sounds like that is not the case! Something has definitely changed about the lake from years gone by! Not sure what.

6. Member
    Last year the weights were close to 20 lbs and all the way to 10th place had decent weights. With the really high water hopefully the next couple of years the lake will rebound. We shall see. For now...I'm headed to pickwick!

7. Member
    I basically live on Pickwick as I have 3 cabins there. Also just 30 minutes from my house. But,I really enjoyed making a few trips a year to fish Sardis many years ago. Just a change of scenery and a little different style of fishing. It was at that time a lake you could catch 3-5 pound fish most trips. Even when they put a slot on it you could wack a bunch in the upper ranges of the slot. Seems that would have helped rebound the lake but don't look like it did.

8. Member
    The full results are now posted on their website. Just go to www.stjudebassclassic.com and there is a link to 2019’s results.

9. Member
    Looked a few days ago and they were not listed yet. Will look again. Thanks

10. Member
    I just looked down the list.
    Barry Killen, 4th with less than 12#
    Tim and Randy Murcheson, less than 8# (their big bass is usually this big!)
    Danny Carter 2.24#

Those are some STICKS on that lake--if that is their best for the day, things have not recovered yet.

11. Member
    Sad! You would think that the COE or Game and fish would care enough to try to help the situation. Guess not!

COE has always made it clear that those lakes are flood control reservoirs and they aren't concerned with the fishing. Whether that is the right attitude or not-it is what it is.