Starting point for a Skeeter......

Gentlemen I am still having problems with my new to me Skeeter. I need to get this thing dialed in so I can enjoy it more.

I have a Skeeter SX200 with a Johnson Venom 200. I have 2 props, 4 blade 25 p Shooter with some dings and a 24p Raker in better condition but not a 10. The Shooter doesn’t seem to fit the lower unit like my Raker does. The hub is small and doesn’t fit into the unit like the Raker does.
    I also have a jack plate.

I have ave tried both props and having the same results. This thing takes forever to plane out and is a monster to steer on plane. Hard pull to the right ALL THE TIME. I had adjusted the jack plate up and down from full adjustment down to the top and cannot make this thing act right.

Does anyone know anything about this hull and where I should be setting this up???

Any knowledge or a place to find information would be greatly appreciated
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200
    1996 Johnson Venom 200 J200STLEDM

2. Member
    3" under prop to pad to start and try running the Raker not the shooter for bow lift which is what skeeters need. You probably need to have the Raker repaired if you ever want it to run right.

3. Pat Goff
    9 out of 10 rakers need help.
    Skeeter is pretty simple to setup. Give it all the bow lift you can get.

High rake three blade gives more bow lift than a four blade. The symptoms you describe are you’re too high on your plate. Super stiff steering, no lift is a lot of slip.

I’ve worked on a lot of your hulls. My advice
    Send the raker to mark or josh at Steve’s.
    Get the prop and spend the time to find what too high and what too low is. M
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>