Thread: Konawa

Konawa

Is Konawa flooded or is it still fishable?

Curious to know as well. I was thinking about running down there in the morning.

How about Bell Cow or Prague? Anybody seen either of those lately?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I fish the Prague Wednesday night jackpots. The fishing was off the hook last Wednesday. I’m surprised the turnouts are so low anymore. The lake straight up fishes great, muddy or clean. It was up 3’ and water had about 1-1.5’ visibility. Fish are post spawn and fry guarders everywhere. Lake gets hammered for its size but it still produces big stringers. Come join us for a Wednesday nighter sometime.

4. Member
    From what I understand Konawa level is near normal, at least according to the Oklahoma state game and fish department fishing report.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    From what I understand Konawa level is near normal, at least according to the Oklahoma state game and fish department fishing report.
    That’s good news. I like Konawa when the grass gets up.

On Josh’s recommendation, I started heading for Prague yesterday morning. When I got off the turnpike at Chandler, I thought I’d run by Bell Cow just to see what the water looked like. It was up and muddy but I decided to stay there since morning was slipping away. I really didn’t realize how muddy it was until I got on the water and saw that I couldn’t see a chartreuse and white spinnerbait deeper than about 6 inches. Having fished Arbuckle for so long I am completely FUBAR when I get in the mud.

The good news was a big thunderstorm came up and I drove home in a blinding rain that washed the muddy ring off my hull.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    That’s good news. I like Konawa when the grass gets up.

On Josh’s recommendation, I started heading for Prague yesterday morning. When I got off the turnpike at Chandler, I thought I’d run by Bell Cow just to see what the water looked like. It was up and muddy but I decided to stay there since morning was slipping away. I really didn’t realize how muddy it was until I got on the water and saw that I couldn’t see a chartreuse and white spinnerbait deeper than about 6 inches. Having fished Arbuckle for so long I am completely FUBAR when I get in the mud.

The good news was a big thunderstorm came up and I drove home in a blinding rain that washed the muddy ring off my hull.
    went to okemah and caught them pretty good then made a stop by Prague. Caught one good one on a frog and the rest skimming a worm at Prague. Not a great day but damn sure not a bad one : )

Man I'm glad to hear there is some fishable water in this state. Drove out to the Oxbow here in Broken Arrow, pool 18 on the nav channel. this is a pic of the courtesy dock, the ramp was barricaded. riverII.jpg River.jpg

8. Member
    OGE keeps konawa close to normal all the time. If it ever gets high its usually so muddy it sucks anyway lol.

9. Member
    Konawa is fishable and getting hammered. One day last week I compared it to fishinI-35 but then I have never fished I-35.

With all the other lakes in the shiter, I'm sure Konawa is busy. I don't think most people know how to fish that lake.

I went up to Bell Cow a couple of Saturdays ago and it was so muddy it was like fishing on a dirt road.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll get in any decent fishing before summer heat time. Might be a good time to start a home improvement project.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Get out there and fish. Mud or not if there’s fish there they will eat. We as fisherman sometimes get swayed by the mud. I’ve caught em suspended in 15-20 on deep cranks in 6” vis. They still gotta eat