Thread: 2015 Nitro Z7

2015 Nitro Z7

I just purchased a 2015 Nitro Z7 and I typically take the front and back seats out while fishing. I don’t think that the fold down fishing seat behind the console and in front of the motor has ever been removed from my boat. It was really stiff to rotate and was trying to take it out. The question I have is if it is possible for it to even come out or if anyone has removed their fold down fishing seat? I sprayed Kroil on the insert part of the pedestal and tried to get it out but it doesn’t seem to do anything. From underneath it looks like the pedestal insert is threaded but I couldn’t get it to come out. If anyone knows whether or not it’s possible to even be removed I would appreciate the information.

My 2015 z8 has threaded poles, I'm sure your does as well, I would put a oil filter wrench on it, lefty loosy, and give it the full send, maybe some aggressive taps with a rubber mallet on the post to vibrate it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Yeah they’re threaded and I got Channel locks and was trying to unscrew it but when we looked underneath the deck where the battery’s are, the threaded end wasn’t turning. I didn’t have much time to mess with it too much but when I get a chance I’m going to try and figure out a way to get it out. I just was going to see if it’s possible before I go wasting my time on something that can’t be taken out. My guess would be it can come out. I see pictures of the same year model and a z7, and it doesn’t have that seat in the back