Whats happening?

In Ky that is... This board is SLOWWWW. I'll start, last weekend at Barren I caught a bunch! Still some shallow and others were on their way out to the drops, I caught a nice limit early shallow on rocky banks then went out and found fish on the first drops outside of the spawning areas as well as out deep (Summertime areas). Road beds, Points, etc. Had a blast caught about 25 or 30 keepers. glad I got a good day in. What are you guys up to?

2. Member
    Defining insanity by continuing to fish Kentucky Lake haha

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
    In Ky that is... This board is SLOWWWW. I'll start, last weekend at Barren I caught a bunch! Still some shallow and others were on their way out to the drops, I caught a nice limit early shallow on rocky banks then went out and found fish on the first drops outside of the spawning areas as well as out deep (Summertime areas). Road beds, Points, etc. Had a blast caught about 25 or 30 keepers. glad I got a good day in. What are you guys up to?
    That's a heck of a day! Congrats!
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    That's a heck of a day! Congrats!
    Thanks! Its definitely not the norm...

5. Member
    Chasing three kids around mostly. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. I know my time will come where I will have more chances to go. But will be fishing on Barren this coming Tuesday. Glad to hear it’s fishing good!

6. Member
    poppin perch bite for you

7. Member
    Now I know why my wife wanted me to retire....she is working me to death catching up on all the honey do's I put off for the past 20 plus years because I was on the water every day. Did get out one day this week with a couple of my old clients. 20+ mph winds of course. We did catch some bass. Some nice keepers but no monsters and a few short fish. Shallow early on topwater and then ledges.

Hopefully by Feb or Mar I can get back into a normal fishing pattern. This house building has consumed all my mental and physical energy.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

9. Member
    Up here on the north end of the state, most lakes are heavily stained or downright muddy. Been wanting to go out but don't have the time to drive 2 hours + to a lake with decent water clarity.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I sold my place on KY lake this morning. Compared to just a few years ago, it's like fishing the dead sea. I am going to fish somewhere else.
    Last edited by Roddy; 06-02-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    O sold my place on KY lake this morning compared ro.juat a few years ago it's like fishing the dead sea. I am going to fish somewhere else.
    Sure is sad that the lake has declined so much. I hope the carp can be dealt with and I hope the lake can come back.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
    Sure is sad that the lake has declined so much. I hope the carp can be dealt with and I hope the lake can come back.
    Dont think it's possible, too little too late.

13. Member
    smart move!
    O sold my place on KY lake this morning compared ro.juat a few years ago it's like fishing the dead sea. I am going to fish somewhere else.

14. Member
    I sold my place on KY lake this morning. Compared to just a few years ago, it's like fishing the dead sea. I am going to fish somewhere else.
    Where to next?

15. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Where to next?
    Probably somewhere in Texas. Going looking the first week of July. I fished lake Travis last year and caught em pretty good.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

16. Member
    Probably somewhere in Texas. Going looking the first week of July. I fished lake Travis last year and caught em pretty good.

Might want to investigate some areas between Rayburn and Toledo. I enjoyed the area on a trip down there. Nice people and beautiful scenery.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have been to both and like the fishing, but probably going to be closer to the Austin, San Antonio area. My son lives on lake Austin( out of my price range)
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Member
    I have been to both and like the fishing, but probably going to be closer to the Austin, San Antonio area. My son lives on lake Austin( out of my price range)