Angry Seat Removal Issues

Tried to take my butt seat out on my 19DLX today but it was stuck. I kept turning on the post but the INSIDE portion of the post ( appears to be something like rubber or plastic ) that is apparently supposed to be attached to the post - was not turning. So I could turn and turn on the post but it was making no progress. I had to take the bolts and whole whole assembly out to be able to put my boat cover on. Now I just need to try to figure out how to get the post out of its bracket I removed from the boat. Has anyone else had issues like this? I would post pictures but it says the pictures on my phone are too large and I do not know how to resize them.

2. Member
    Able to get some pics up - hopefully you can see the rubber/plastic sleeve just under the bottom lip of the pole in the pics.IMG_5837.JPEGIMG_5834.JPEGIMG_5836.JPEGIMG_5835.JPEG

3. Member
    I would stack something up like some cinder blocks, lay two boards across them then turn the post over so it is pointing down with the plate resting on the boards and knock down on the seat..hope you understand what I'm saying. spray some penetrating spray first. This may work unless it is screw in.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    I would stack something up like some cinder blocks, lay two boards across them then turn the post over so it is pointing down with the plate resting on the boards and knock down on the seat..hope you understand what I'm saying. spray some penetrating spray first. This may work unless it is screw in.
    It is screw-in unfortunately.

5. Member
    You might try drilling a hole part of the way into the post, put a pin , spray some PB blaster or some type of penetrating oil . Let it set , then try to unscrew it.

6. Member
    You may have to use Heat to get it out, and then replace the plastic parts. Can you determine who made the rig?

Save yourself a lot of time and heartache and get a new base and pedistal. You will never be able to twist it out. Looks like they capped the bottom of the base and zip tied it in place probably to keep water out of the compartment under it. I bet it caught water and rusted in. New base. New pedistal and put a thin layer of grease on the new one so it won't rust/seize up again.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Yamaha VMAX SHO 200

8. Member
    Thanks for all the ideas and thoughts guys! We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyZ518 View Post
    Save yourself a lot of time and heartache and get a new base and pedistal. You will never be able to twist it out. Looks like they capped the bottom of the base and zip tied it in place probably to keep water out of the compartment under it. I bet it caught water and rusted in. New base. New pedistal and put a thin layer of grease on the new one so it won't rust/seize up again.
    This. It would be much easier to replace the base and pedestal.