Unhappy Solix and Ultrex help needed, its a mess

I bought a new boat last year, my first. I have owned many other boats but always bought them used and being able to rig and color a boat exactly as you want was something special. Every other boat I owned came rigged with Lowrance and I wanted a change so I rigged the new boat with (2) 15" Solix Mega and for the most part they have been great.

The bow unit being a Mega DI was not being utilized at its full potential with just the standard US2 puck built into the Ultrex and when they came out with a new Ultrex/ Mega DI tranducer I had to buy one, this is where my trouble started.

Originally I could not get the front Solix to read, I keep getting a "Ping Disabled" pop up on the screen. When on the lake I figured out the picture I was looking at on the front Solix was actually a duplicate of the back transducer.

Saturday last I had a tournament and that Friday I made some additional changes thinking it would work but while waiting for blast off I turned on both units and the bow would not read at all.

Naturally this is a killer, waiting for our number to be called and no graph so I try to put it back to the way it was Friday and I did get it to work up front but now it would not read at the console.
    Needless to say I have no clue what I am doing or what to do at this point.

AND to make matters even worse, spot lock no longer functions so either I had a brand new TM failure or I figured out a way to turn it off with the graph settings.

Does anyone know if Humminbird has a tech line that I can talk to or a reccomendation on where to go?

By the way, its really strange how quickly you get used to spot lock as compared to not havimg it !!

2. Member
    I would be looking at the software numbers including the Ultrex first. The network settings are incorrect under sonar settup. you might want to restart the whole network after confirming the software is up to date. The ultrex had a recent update so may not have the new one even with a new Ultrex. Bob

3. Member
    The failure with spot lock could be restriction to the foot pedal movement. It is sensitive to any resistance. Check for any obstructions like TM strap or interference.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    I don’t have the solix series. I have aHelix 12 and a Helix 10 at the bow. I also have another Helix 10 at the console. They would become glitchey ( if that’s a word) at times when etheneted together. I ran my Ethernet cable back to console just in case I really needed to share data,or a transducer failure. Definitely easier to operate that way for me.

5. Member
    To clarify and it may be a seperate TM related issue, the spot lock worked the morning of the tournament, pre-blast off but after my settings adjustment it works no longer.

Does H-Bird have tech support?

6. Member
    1-800-633-1468
    Humminbird.com also has an online chat and E-mail support. Bob

Minnkotamotors.com has the same. 1-800-227-6433
    Last edited by bobcoy; 05-29-2019 at 12:55 PM.

7. Member
    I called the Bird and they would not help me, they said that since I have not updated to the latest software (no updates have ever been done) that I needed to make that change first.

The gal I spoke to was not even willing to discuss my issues until I updated.
    My Solix issues are perhaps (in part) my fault trying to configure the network and not knowing what I am doing but it is not a software issue?

8. Member
    I would try unplugging your Ethernet cables, restoring all units and the Ultrex back to factory default, then hook your Ethernet links back up and see if that fixes your issue
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

The latest Solix update 3.40 has been the best. Get everything updated first.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

10. Member
    If it's a Gen 1 Read the notes at the top of this page about Solix Gen 1 updates and the mega di trolling motor

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...ilt-In-MEGA-DI
    Last edited by ntslam; 06-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.

If the Minnkota MDI transducer is not seen by the Auto-detect feature, you have to turn Auto-Configure OFF in the Transducer Setting menu and select 2D Frequency Capability as HB High CHIRP
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Thanks all!
    can someone explain why the helm Solix reads pinged
    disables. I have the transducer on and this is a new abnormality.

13. Member
    As a follow up to my post I called Minn Kota this morning, the second phase as it were
    and had a completely different experience than my call to Bird.
    Super helpful, listened to all my issues and very supportive with detailed instructions. .