Need BBC Weathermen Advice...

All,

Can fish Oneida next week or the week after...weather, and I know it can change, for next week is showing winds w/NW 10-15 mph for 2 of the four days....any advice on whether that will blow it up pretty bad, i.e. make it hard to get out on the lake?

Tks, BAM

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    All,

Can fish Oneida next week or the week after...weather, and I know it can change, for next week is showing winds w/NW 10-15 mph for 2 of the four days....any advice on whether that will blow it up pretty bad, i.e. make it hard to get out on the lake?

Tks, BAM
    10 to 15 is about normal for that area you will be fine, I rarely get out when winds arent at least 10 plus around here.

3. Member
    First off I dont believe a NY weather man till its the day of and the wind or rain is actually happening... That said it does three things in this state, rain, snow, or blow it seems like...BUT with that wind you could be ok on Oneida but it wont be fun if it actually blows from that N or NW direction it will blow straight out of big bay and be a little tricky launching at Oneida Shores. You could launch brewerton boat yard inb the river also if it ever gets to bad and fish the river plenty of fish in there right now too.
    AFTCO
    Picasso Lures
    Vicious Line
    Denali Rods
    RedTail Optix
    RedTail Republic
    https://www.facebook.com/KyleMetzgerFishing

4. Member
    Thanks guys!!!!

BAM

5. Member
    I am contemplating making a quick run there tmw. Just wondering what the local forcasts are calling for. Coming from Kingston, Ontario. Seems like the reports Im seeing are changing hourly! Any help would be appreciated! (Bass) Thanks!!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbassmon View Post
    I am contemplating making a quick run there tmw. Just wondering what the local forcasts are calling for. Coming from Kingston, Ontario. Seems like the reports Im seeing are changing hourly! Any help would be appreciated! (Bass) Thanks!!
    Thats NY for you changes by the min, went out on a lake here last Friday were calling for gusts of 25 all day into the night with a steady 15 to 20. Never seen more then 15mph gusts and was 10 to 12 all day, laid down to pretty slick at 6. Glad I went hit 128 smallies that day.

7. Member
    Ya its been doing the same up here. Need to get my bass fix in!!! Nice job on your day man!!!!

8. Member
    Triple digit smallies, I bow to u!

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Triple digit smallies, I bow to u!
    ty all its quite a lake have done it 4 times previous when there on there on not giants but all 2 to 4 pounds

10. Member
    Thanks all for the info. Im giving it a shot!

11. Member
    128 nice, that's quite a day. Even more impressive that you counted them all

12. Member

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    when I go to that particular lake ( not oneida) in the spring I use one of these.. 100 plus days are not uncommon in the spring
    https://www.amazon.com/STEELMASTER-C...19903262&psc=1
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.

14. Member
    Well it was a slow day for me with a half dozen smallies, one largie, and a ton of chain pickerel. Seems every year I go there the chain population keeps grown!!

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbassmon View Post
    Well it was a slow day for me with a half dozen smallies, one largie, and a ton of chain pickerel. Seems every year I go there the chain population keeps grown!!
    they are crazy thick in that lake.