New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Question How has everyone found the fishing so far this season????

Personally the fishing hasn't been as good as I expected or I'm not doing as good as I usually do this time of year . Even fished a couple tourneys and got the big skunk no keeper bass in the boat not good. Pickerel and other non scoring bass not a problem...LMAO
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Table Rock has been fishing exceptional for the last 6 weeks, and it looks to continue for at least another month.

3. Member
    Sub par to say the least up here IMO. A month of rain and cool temps will do that though. Starting to get good now. Caught some decent ones this weekend. Next few weeks should be great. I as well have got the skunk this year in tourneys I should have done well on.

It’s all over the place Al it’s not just you .. fish don’t know what they want to do

5. Member
    Agreed with Jerry, it has been a brutal season so far. This is the worst/toughest start to a year I've ever had. Thankfully I've only been skunked a few times, and I started the season on March 24th. The lack of those warm stretches in April and early May has kept everything cold, and it's throwing the majority of the bass way off pretty much everywhere. I've been out 12 times so far, and only TWICE have I found the fish doing what they should be doing given the conditions during and leading up to that day.

Yesterday was the best day I've had all season, and I feel like normally it would have been an awful day. Was supposed to go to Newfound but didn't do super great there Monday, so headed to a pond down in Mass near the Groton area. The morning went really well, and then that cold front and rain pushed in, but the bass kept on going, didn't skip a beat. Caught almost 20, lost count on exact total, and my buddy had 10 himself with a 5-10 early in the morning too.

Yeah Al, It has sucked everywhere I have been. Although you have been there at the same time for most...

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I hear you Pat was thinking it was just me but I'm finding it tougher than usual so far this season...but as they say someone always finds them...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Some real good days.....then some never had a hit days. Racked up the trout though while bass fishing!

9. Banned
    Well, some good days and some bad. Far more bad than good. Definitely the weather. I spent a lot of time at one peticular lake and a spot I know like the back of my hand. I know what works, when the fish feed, and when they dont. Consistent quality fish every year.....except this one. One day, 10 fish in 90mins. Total binge feeding which I rarely seen. A few days later, a bite or two in 4hrs. Cruised the shore line a few days ago, no beds...nothing. Water is in the mid 60's. Plenty of pickerel but even those have been on the small side.

I've come to the realization that I have a better chance of catching hepatitis than bass this season!

10. Member
    Champlain was fantastic this past weekend Mallets area , water level high and cloudy but smallies bitting in the bay and main lake . Inner Mallets smallies hard on beds Sunday darting off beds at crank baits. There were maybe 2 or 3 other boats all weekend strange .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO