Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bassmaster article "Lithium Battery Store"

Been struggling for the last year with this and I really need your help! Does anybody have any real world information on this company? My boat batteries cant keep up with my Garmin electronics (2-12xsv and 2-10xsv) as they are very voltage sensitive after adding the 2nd 10" & live-scope. Was reading a recent article in Bassmaster on Lithium batteries and it mentions the "Lithium Battery Store". Prices seem to be good and I am looking to put in 2-36 volt for TM and 2-100ah for electronics, keeping my group 31AGM for starting battery. Need to go with the 2-36v batteries due to space. I am worried that one 100ah wont be enough (using a brand new dedicated group 31AGM 110ah now and it just isn't enough). Cant jeopardize losing my electronics towards the end of the day or half way through a weeks fishing trip any longer!

It would be greatly appreciated with any info anyone has. I really need to fix this situation for good...……..thanks

2. Member
    Lithium batteries are becoming the new big thing for new companies. It is a buyer beware situation. The low prices at this site are very nice as there are several sites that have started to pop up lately. TGTBT is something to keep in mind. Either the established companies have been inflating prices or these discount prices are something to be wary of. The warranty is 2 years here. That might be fine but we all know about the fine print in these things not to mention the stability of the company. If you can afford the risk it sounds very tempting. If we all put out info about experiences we have had, we can all be confident in our purchases. I have a Relion "house battery" I am happy with. They were very easy to deal with and I would recommend them. Bob

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Lithium batteries are becoming the new big thing for new companies. It is a buyer beware situation. The low prices at this site are very nice as there are several sites that have started to pop up lately. TGTBT is something to keep in mind. Either the established companies have been inflating prices or these discount prices are something to be wary of. The warranty is 2 years here. That might be fine but we all know about the fine print in these things not to mention the stability of the company. If you can afford the risk it sounds very tempting. If we all put out info about experiences we have had, we can all be confident in our purchases. I have a Relion "house battery" I am happy with. They were very easy to deal with and I would recommend them. Bob
    are we "paying" as a customer for the longer warrantee and better advertising of the better known companies like relion and lithium pros?

4. Member
    Relion Battery’s customer service has always been great for me. I did find the rb 100s on sale about a month ago! So I bought 5 more.

5. Member
    hi guys....96 people read the thread......no one knows anything about this company from the bassmaster article? I am surprised with everyone looking for deals on Lithiums and they are on the LOW side of most pricing???

6. Member
    Do you have a link to this article? I can't find it
    Is this the "article"? https://www.bassmaster.com/news/lith...tery-advantage
    Noticed this, The Lithium Battery Store stressed that their batteries must be charged with chargers dedicated for lithium batteries. They sell lithium chargers for their batteries starting at $79
    Last edited by bobcoy; 05-27-2019 at 05:17 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Do you have a link to this article? I can't find it
    Is this the "article"? https://www.bassmaster.com/news/lith...tery-advantage
    Noticed this, The Lithium Battery Store stressed that their batteries must be charged with chargers dedicated for lithium batteries. They sell lithium chargers for their batteries starting at $79

Yes that is the article......I had never heard of them and was hoping someone had real world info on them. I need to get a battery set up that I don't continue to lose my electronics. I cant believe others are not having this problem running one battery for multiple large screens power poles and pumps. Am I just one of the few?

I’m running dual group 31 agms. Northstar 220RC and Duracell 210RC about 205 ah combined. Im running 2 hds16s, solix 12, hds12 sonic hub and 360. Last year I only ran the northstar and was dead every night about 10- 12 hours into my day and almost dead after every tourney day. Since adding the 2nd cranking battery I can now fish 2 full days (20-24 hours total) without low voltage. It’s absolutly amazing compared to what I’ve been dealing with. I have the battery fuel gauge by delta to tell me the % on my cranking batteries and I’m on average down to 44-55% after each full weekend day. I have 5 batteries in my boat total.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I’m running dual group 31 agms. Northstar 220RC and Duracell 210RC about 205 ah combined. Im running 2 hds16s, solix 12, hds12 sonic hub and 360. Last year I only ran the northstar and was dead every night about 10- 12 hours into my day and almost dead after every tourney day. Since adding the 2nd cranking battery I can now fish 2 full days (20-24 hours total) without low voltage. It’s absolutly amazing compared to what I’ve been dealing with. I have the battery fuel gauge by delta to tell me the % on my cranking batteries and I’m on average down to 44-55% after each full weekend day. I have 5 batteries in my boat total.
    Thanks very much, I really appreciate your reply ….this is the kind of information I am looking for! my original question remains unanswered; has anyone tried the "lithium store batteries"?

Also I originally was going to run 2 36v lithiums for my trolling to save space. But I really think if you have 2 cranking batteries total and then do 3 12v lithiums you will be very happy. No need for 3 cranking batteries yet. Especially if you do dual lithiums for cranking the motor and graphs. I was so distraught with my batteries I wanted to do the exact same thing. But adding a second agm cranking literally made it feel like I added 3 cranking batteries just because the RC is so high now it handles that high current draw so more efficiently. My setup for now will be 2 agm cranking and 3 12v 100ah relion trolling batteries. Once my cranking batteries start to crap out I’m going to replace them with 2 lithiums but I’m hoping I’m a few years away from that. To answer you real question. No I have not and I had not even heard of them until this thread.

MLF Invitationals Angler

11. Member
    Also I originally was going to run 2 36v lithiums for my trolling to save space. But I really think if you have 2 cranking batteries total and then do 3 12v lithiums you will be very happy. No need for 3 cranking batteries yet. Especially if you do dual lithiums for cranking the motor and graphs. I was so distraught with my batteries I wanted to do the exact same thing. But adding a second agm cranking literally made it feel like I added 3 cranking batteries just because the RC is so high now it handles that high current draw so more efficiently. My setup for now will be 2 agm cranking and 3 12v 100ah relion trolling batteries. Once my cranking batteries start to crap out I’m going to replace them with 2 lithiums but I’m hoping I’m a few years away from that. To answer you real question. No I have not and I had not even heard of them until this thread.
    I really appreciate all of your input here....My boat is set up differently than yours so I am stuck (I think) going with 2-36v for trolling motor. 3-years ago I switched out of a bass boat after many years to a Ranger 2510 bay boat. I fish a lot of big water (1000 Islands & Champlain) and found that it allows me to fish the lakes when others in bass boats don't go out comfortably. I am currently running 4 batteries under my seats (3 TM & house) and a crank battery under my back deck. My thoughts are to go all lithium with two 36v TM & 2-100ah house paralleled under my seat area or I would go with your set up with 3-100ah TM & 2 100ah crank/house. That is the perfect set up when the batteries are all in the same compartment. I know you understand what a pain in the A-- it is when your batteries are going out. Very scary out on lake Ontario 15 miles when you are dead in the water!

Yep you have it all figured out. Good luck I think you will be extremely pleased with your power after that. I also went to a 15amp charger which cut my recharge time in half due to not having to recharge a completely dead battery every night.

MLF Invitationals Angler

13. Member
    Yep you have it all figured out. Good luck I think you will be extremely pleased with your power after that. I also went to a 15amp charger which cut my recharge time in half due to not having to recharge a completely dead battery every night.

14. Banned
    It is not recommended to run a single 36v battery and I would also bet that it is the same for 2 36v battery, parallel series . 12v in series is what you would want to do to create your amps and voltage. MK chargers in the PC series will charge lithium. Pulse Tech Extreme chargers will also.

15. Member
    OP thanks for the post.

I will be looking at these guys for lithium.

They also use prismatic cells which in my opinion is better than a bunch of 18650 cells.

"Our Batteries use latest technology from A123Systems battery Cells, manufactured in USA. Also US Research and Development. Best battery cells you can get in LiFePO4."

A123systems you might not be familiar with, but they are in many hybrid cars.
    http://www.a123systems.com/

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    It is not recommended to run a single 36v battery and I would also bet that it is the same for 2 36v battery, parallel series . 12v in series is what you would want to do to create your amps and voltage. MK chargers in the PC series will charge lithium. Pulse Tech Extreme chargers will also.
    can you elaborate on this at all? lithium pros are setting up packages with 2-36v batteries and an on board charger for TM

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I run Lithium Pros, Haver one 110 Ah and I run 3 12 Axiom Pro, Power poles, and not an issue. I run 2 36 volt battery with the AC/DC stealth one charger and couldnt be happier.
    Lots of weight savings and with a 36 volt TM and Power pole pumps I can still get to everything in the bilge.

I can get to all my pumps without removing any item including the batteries.
    1 - 1 (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    I have ran single or dual 36 volts batteries for over 8 years with no issue!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I have ran single or dual 36 volts batteries for over 8 years with no issue!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I run Lithium Pros, Haver one 110 Ah and I run 3 12 Axiom Pro, Power poles, and not an issue. I run 2 36 volt battery with the AC/DC stealth one charger and couldnt be happier.
    Lots of weight savings and with a 36 volt TM and Power pole pumps I can still get to everything in the bilge.

I can get to all my pumps without removing any item including the batteries.

1 - 1 (2).jpg

exactly......thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast