'19 Shimano Vanquish

I picked up a 2019 Shimano Vanquish 2500SHG a few weeks ago. First impression was crazy light it and Stella smooth. It actually is 40g (1.4oz) lighter than the Stella. I got to fish it 4 days in Guntersville last week along with my Stella on comparable rods...NRX 852s and Conquest 842s. I caught on them both, but nothing huge. They are both super smooth, cast a mile, and perform perfect. The Vanquish feels lighter, but the Stella feels more powerful. I would feel more comfortably going for larger species than bass with the Stella before the Vanquish. I could definitely make the argument for the Vanquish being the better bass reel.

Interesting note: I handed them both to my occasional fisherman father and when asked which one felt smoother, he said the Vanquish.

Last edited by TahoeDust; 05-26-2019 at 10:59 PM.
    13 year old Tracker

2. Member
    Awesome reels
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Thankyou for the great info

4. Member
    Sweet. I just got a 16 Vanquish 3000M a few months back and really like it. I do need to get the cork knob that you have on your Stella, I've got one on a Stradic Ci4 (previous model).

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Sweet. I just got a 16 Vanquish 3000M a few months back and really like it. I do need to get the cork knob that you have on your Stella, I've got one on a Stradic Ci4 (previous model).
    I love the cork knobs. I got one for the Vanquish today...

13 year old Tracker

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post

Nice! I used the red screw that came on my Stradic vs the silver one that came with the cork knob. I think a gold one would look good on my Vanquish but not sure which shade gold or champaign.

Nice! I used the red screw that came on my Stradic vs the silver one that came with the cork knob. I think a gold one would look good on my Vanquish but not sure which shade gold or champaign.
    Champaign gold is an exact match for a Conquest if that helps.
    13 year old Tracker

Use some U-40 corkseal on the knobs or they are gonna look nasty fast.

I have a Vanquish 14 that is still going strong..

[/url]

I just ordered a c2000SHG. It will be going on a Megabass Destroyer Addermine. It'll be a ned rig/whacky setup. This will be the first non Loomis rod I have bought in a few years.
    13 year old Tracker

10. Member
    Curious do you have an Exscence? The reason I ask is because Carl Jacomsen mentioned on his FB page about his Stella yet when I talked to him at the Table Rock Open about it, because I was considering a Stella, he said Exsence all the way.

Curious do you have an Exscence? The reason I ask is because Carl Jacomsen mentioned on his FB page about his Stella yet when I talked to him at the Table Rock Open about it, because I was considering a Stella, he said Exsence all the way.
    No. The newest versions of the Excsnce have not come in anything smaller than a c3000 which is larger than I like. I have heard good things though.
    13 year old Tracker

I have both and prefer the Stella all the way.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post

Couldn't fish today so doing some reel maintenance, went through my parts box and found a new in box Shimano Eging cork knob I didn't even know I had. She'll be on the Vanquish today

c2000SHG came in...here it is on the Addermine. As good as the Ned Rig bite has been, I'm excited to try this combo out. Cork knob will be here soon...

13 year old Tracker