Banned

Memorable day today

I'll spare you with all the details, but my mother has been sick and my father has been stressed. She spent 2 of the last 3 weeks in the hospital and was released on Friday. Dad spent yesterday running errands, picking up medicine, grocery shopping and such. Mom gave him the go ahead to go fishing today. Guess it was his reward. Met dad at my favorite panfish lake. When I fish for panfish, it's stick and move, stick and move. Still a little early for the bluegills to bed, but they are in prespawn. We're picking up gills, 3 times as many short ones to keepers. Dad wants crappies. I have a difficult time finding crappies on this lake, but when I do, it's game on. We fished the "normal" bluegill bedding areas, but probably still a week or 2 early. Decided to go deep and all we caught on the deep weed edges were a few snot rockets. I said, screw it, we're going to fish shallow again. Found some more gills. Then I spotted a crappie in about 4fow. Dropped the Talon and it was game on. final count was 42 fish filleted and probably another 42 set free to live another day. I had to call time at 2:00 or we'd still be there and I'd be filleting fish into the wee hours of the morning. Dad called me to find out what the final count was, said mom is doing good, and he's going to relax with a glass of wine. He has been group texting updates on my mother twice a day since she went into the hospital. Made sure he included todays fishing report in his update.

Attached Images Attached Images

Man thats some good eatin. Nice job!!!!
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Member
    Good for you guys! Looks and sounds like ya'll had a great time.

Sounds like it was a therapeutic day for both you and your Dad!! Well done!!
    "Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least" - Goethe

5. Member
    Getting close to a hundred now that is slaying um!!!

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Very Nice!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

7. Member
    Excellent!