Electric Paint Spray Guns

After cruising the net all morning, is it safe to say there are no decent electric paint spray guns for under $100?

2. Banned
    That is correct. The Harbor Freight airless used to be right at $100. Throw it away after use, if it works.

3. Member
    I looked at them in the past and you’re correct - you aren’t going to find good and cheap together when it comes to spray guns. Be prepared to spend some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    After cruising the net all morning, is it safe to say there are no decent electric paint spray guns for under $100?
    Goin paint that Chebby? Use a brush and roller, make it look like a factory paint job.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    If you replace that 1 with a 5 you might find a decent one.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Goin paint that Chebby? Use a brush and roller, make it look like a factory paint job.
    LOL that's what I was thinking. I once painted my Ford work van with a 1/4 " nap roller and some Rustoleum. Didn't look much different than an original paint job and no one even noticed.

Every time I think about buying one of the cheap ($100) sprayers I always end up with a good paint roller. However, some of the comments reminded me of the time (1968) my older brother used one of mom's "black flag" hand pump bug sprayers to paint his first car (family 57 ford)...LOL.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

8. Member
    I'll have a product report in about a week. Just bought a Harbor Freight paint sprayer gun to stain a just made picnic table. Starting on the underside first and may end up with a brush on the top and edges. $20 spent on a wish and a prayer.

9. Member
    Buy a good sprayer and it does the work. Buy a cheap sprayer and you do the work trying to get it to conform to a job it can't do. The local pawn shops have good deals on used equipment.

10. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    For what you can buy a cheap electric, you can rent an airless and do the job right the first time.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by tgifish View Post
    Every time I think about buying one of the cheap ($100) sprayers I always end up with a good paint roller. However, some of the comments reminded me of the time (1968) my older brother used one of mom's "black flag" hand pump bug sprayers to paint his first car (family 57 ford)...LOL.
    A friend of mine painted a 66 SS Black using Bomb cans when we were kids. I don’t remember if it was lacquer or enamel but it turned out dam good. I learned to shoot cars with lacquer, on a calm day you could shoot em outside.

12. Banned
    I have a Fuji Q4 I use for furniture but in all honesty I think its a waste of money unless you really need an all-in-one system. Getting an airless for under 100 seems like a pipe dream though.

13. Member
    My job is to repaint our 19 year old brick pattern foundation averaging 36" high. The orginal paint is a light beige and now looks like crap, so I thought a spray gun would make it fast and easy, but honestly, will probably never use it again. I thank you all for the helpful comments and may look into renting an air gun for a day. Painting that brick pattern with a brush sure is not an option.

I have a Graco and it’s good for what I do. It was a refurb I bought off eBay and saved $100. You could not tell if it was a refurb when I got it.

15. Member
    There is a sprayer on Amazon and other places called a HomeRight airless finish max kit, I bought one on the good reviews it has and it only $99.00, best money I spent as it does a great job for the price, I have a big sprayer set up and this works just as good as long as your not trying top use it for huge projects, I sprayed a whole house trim and doors inside and it worked great.

16. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    If it's a one time deal rent one for 1/2 day.

17. Member
    I had one from Harbor Freight . I think I paid 179. I painted 2 or 3 houses and sold it for 125. Worked for me.
    GETFISHED !!!