Suggestions for a vertical smoker.... not a grill

Was looking at a Pit Boss model linked below. But after some research it appears this brand really doesnt get great reviews. Problems with assembly, temp swings, electronics etc. Seems its really hit or miss. Thought about giving it a chance and just buying a protection plan but would prefer not to go that route.

Now here is the kicker. Im looking for one which has a top mounted exhaust like the Pit boss has. Seems most have the exhaust on the side or back. Reason for this is because it will be in my garage and the exhaust plumed into a chimney where an old stove used to be. Im tired of replacing smokers due to rain and I have a perfect location. if the exhaust is on the back or side im not sure how I would be able to plumb it into the chimney. If that makes any sense.

So curious if anyone is aware of any vertical smokers that would meet my needs. Ohhh and it has to be electric. Doesnt have to be pellet as ill entertain either.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/pit...10&Channel=pla

2. Member
    use a dryer vent hose
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 05-29-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: misspelled
    TrackerUser

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    use a dryer vent hose
    Yeah thats my plan

I have a BassPro branded MES that’s been going good for almost a year now. They even have some on sale now.