Power switch needed for livescope?

I just got my Ultra 126 and livescope in on Friday and put it in yesterday. Running 10 gauge wire from the battery to the bow is a major pain. But it is all done. My question now is, do I need to install an inline power cutoff switch for the livescope box. I checked yesterday after getting it all hooked up and when I turn the ultra off, the livescope transducer stops clicking, but I was just wonder how everyone else was doing this.
    Thanks

2. Banned
    It shows a switch in the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grits and gravy View Post
    I just got my Ultra 126 and livescope in on Friday and put it in yesterday. Running 10 gauge wire from the battery to the bow is a major pain. But it is all done. My question now is, do I need to install an inline power cutoff switch for the livescope box. I checked yesterday after getting it all hooked up and when I turn the ultra off, the livescope transducer stops clicking, but I was just wonder how everyone else was doing this.
    Thanks
    I always recommend switched power for LiveScope. With all your MFDs off, the LiveScope still draws a little bit of power (around 20 mA) without a switch to cut power to the box.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    What kind of switch are you guys using?

5. Member

6. Member
    Why not just run a perko switch? I have always run one on my boats. Shut off when not in use. All parasitic draw problems are solved.