HDS Live/3-in-1 images from Thommo59...

Thommo59 sent me these to, among other things, post. If you're on the fence with purchasing Live/3-in-1 these images provide a pretty compelling reason to make the jump. Understand, though, it seems Thommo59 spent a fair amount of time making a custom bracket for the 3-in-1 and then additional time dialing it it. If you do as he did. Chances are pretty good you'll get what he got. The Live is set up using "feet" for distance.

I did notice one interesting thing on the last image the black line that typically appears on the 800k side scan screens is not evident on the left hand side of the last image. Mmmmmm????

2. Member
    I think the down images look very good but IMO the side view images are not. Most likely it seems by trying to scan out 140 feet per side. Images would proably be much better if the distance was reduced to about 70 feet per side.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I think the down images look very good but IMO the side view images are not. Most likely it seems by trying to scan out 140 feet per side. Images would proably be much better if the distance was reduced to about 70 feet per side.
    Mmmmm.... out 140' w/800kHz I'm thinkin' is pretty decent. On the Left side of the side scan it's pretty apparent that there's a drop off to that side. I agree.... cut down on the range a tad and the side images get better. Or go to 455kHz at the risk of loosing some detail. He's +/- 0 on auto contrast and could brighten it up some there as well.

Thanks for posting these for me, I don’t have photobucket so putting up images here is difficult. The images on my screen are better than you see here due to every time they’re saved, transferred, emailed etc a little quality is lost. These were taken whilst testing settings and brackets so there is a lot of room for improvement.
    I’ve become a bit more proficient with it since taking these a few months back and pretty well gave it dialled to suit the salt water rivers and lakes that I fish here in Australia
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Thanks for posting these for me, I don’t have photobucket so putting up images here is difficult. The images on my screen are better than you see here due to every time they’re saved, transferred, emailed etc a little quality is lost. These were taken whilst testing settings and brackets so there is a lot of room for improvement.
    I’ve become a bit more proficient with it since taking these a few months back and pretty well gave it dialled to suit the salt water rivers and lakes that I fish here in Australia

Hey Mark...

If you have others you'd like posted... email'em...

6. Member
    Can we see where and how you mounted your transducer?

Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    FWIW, copying or transferring digital images will not affect the image quality unless you also do something to reduce the resolution such a resizing to make it smaller for posting. Copying a digital file is not like ye olden day so making copies of a casette tape.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow