Icemaker Arm Stuck

The ice maker arm in my freezer is stuck halfway between on and off. I tried gently moving it but the arm doesn't budge. Any suggestions on
    what to do next?

2. Banned
    Try using a hair dryer on it. I've watched the repair man enough inside mine to see he likes to defrost everything.

3. Member
    Hair dryer to defrost everything. NOTHING more powerful than a hait dryer, low setting is best. Everything in there is plastic and will make a mess if you aren't VERY careful. NO heat gun of any sort. (Experience talking).

4. Member
    Thanks guys, the hair dryer worked.

5. Member
    i saw another trick to use if your water line keeps freezing----you put a piece of weedeater string in the water tube. There is a video on youtube on how its done. Mine was freezing up all the time. I used this trick and keeps it clear of ice .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    i saw another trick to use if your water line keeps freezing----you put a piece of weedeater string in the water tube. There is a video on youtube on how its done. Mine was freezing up all the time. I used this trick and keeps it clear of ice .
    Interesting. On first thought, I would think it would make it easier to freeze.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    you probably need a new ice maker, the heater that runs to loosen the cubes probably quit therefore the ice maker couldn't push the cubes out and stuck mid cycle

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    you probably need a new ice maker, the heater that runs to loosen the cubes probably quit therefore the ice maker couldn't push the cubes out and stuck mid cycle
    I agree with this. Buy a new unit. They are fairly simple to replace

9. Banned
    My ice maker would stop making ice. The problem was a heating strip that is supposed to keep the fill tube from freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Every time my water fill tube froze up it was because the solenoid valve leaked. I just sand the rubber tip smooth and it fixes the problem. This would happen about every 4-5 years.

11. Member
    I meant to say the water dispenser tube ( where you fill your glass with water) would freeze up . The weedeater string trick has worked great for that .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

12. Member
    I not think this will be much help but when I need to loosen things that are stuck I spray it with pb blaster.