Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    2 words BASS PATROL . They are well worth the very affordable price. Skirt resembles a keitech and the hook is pretty stout as well. For the price it doesn't hurt as bad when you break 1 off. Check them out.

I'd go down to a 5/16th or 3/8th instead of the 1/2th. Heavier jigs will snag far more often, they did to get down in the rocks far more.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I swear I don't think there's a jig made that I can't lose in rocks on the first cast!
    That’s how I roll or is that cast.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

4. Member
    I'll give the 3/8 a shot I have a handful of them.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Ill hit you with another one...but its more known. You ever seen Jeff Kriet fish soft plastics? The way he keeps his rod high all the time will keep you unstuck going through the rocks. Hit the lake with a AF buddy before he left the country, he hit me with that.....and I turned into the John Wall meme again! this was like 2 months ago too lol
    Distance from bank paired with angel of decent . Rod high and let it swing freely .. ( pendulum) . Tick tick tick.. thump

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    The cheapest you can find. Nothing is chunk rock resistant, the only difference s how much it hurts when you break it off...
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    NuTeck double weedguard jigs. Beveled, cam head gets them in the top of the mouth each time. I talked to some guys fished miles of rip rap in Cali....and they were losing a ton of jigs. Someone put them on those Nu Techs, and they were happy-happy.
    Yep, I fish rocks a lot on Table Rock, Nutech jigs will not snag as much and they'll come off a snag easier. Much more snag resistant than any fiber weed guard jig. All jigs are not the same.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Ill hit you with another one...but its more known. You ever seen Jeff Kriet fish soft plastics? The way he keeps his rod high all the time will keep you unstuck going through the rocks. Hit the lake with a AF buddy before he left the country, he hit me with that.....and I turned into the John Wall meme again! this was like 2 months ago too lol
    This is critical and when you feel the jighead start to wedge, stop pulling and get on the other side of the line and pull back on the jig. I make my own skirts to put on jigs and found that if you add from 1 to 2 extra tabs (each tab is 22 strands), the jig becomes so bulky that it helps keep the jig from digging in. The last tip (I fish jigs alot and love to hit rip/rap) is to go as light as possible with the jig and really try to get in a cadence with the slope of the rocks so you basically are bouncing it down the rocks without letting it settle between them. With practice you will get the rhythm....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I'd go down to a 5/16th or 3/8th instead of the 1/2th. Heavier jigs will snag far more often, they did to get down in the rocks far more.
    This and then try real hard to not lose contact with the jig. That means it's fallen and could be on the bottom, between two rocks.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I swear I don't think there's a jig made that I can't lose in rocks on the first cast!

^^^^Me too!^^^^^
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12