Evinrude parts motor

I have a 150xp E150STLCEM. I found a motor a guy is selling for parts. It’s a 1988 Evinrude model # either C155WTLM or C155WTXM. We couldn’t find the number on the motor. The motor from the outside looks EXACTLY like my xp. I need a stator and a timer base. My question is, are any of the parts from that motor interchangeable with mine? The wires on the time base are color coded different but I was wondering if I used the power pack off of it would it work?

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    88 has twin power packs/yours has 1. Also ignition/charging systems are different so stator and such wont interchange....155/185 hp models where made for commercial use vs yours as a recreational motor. 1988 and 1989(yours if correct) have the same basic mechanical internals but electronics/power packs/stator/are different. Dont try to Frankenstein the motor by mix matching parts,,,wont end well and just create more troubleshooting woes down the road.. Just find and use the right parts.
    Last edited by omcforever; 05-25-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I have a stator and power pack from a 1989 GT/XP motor,,,,what makes you think you need to replace them?

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    And if the 1988 looks EXACTLY like yours(single power pack) then someone has changed/swapped/or mix and matched parts already on it.

5. Member
    The parts motor only has one power pack so it’s like you said, either parts have been swapped or maybe it’s not an 88? He has the title that supposedly goes with the motor that says it’s an 88.
    I have a no spark issue and it moves around. Champion man told me it sounded like a timer base. I borrowed an ohm meter from work and went by the manual instructions. It looked bad to me but I’m not too good with electronics so I wanted to be sure. Took it to a mechanic who told me that the stator and the timer base were bad.
    I would be interested in getting those parts from you if that’s an option.

Thanks for your insight. Just trying to get my motor up and running without breaking the bank. Already have way more in it than it’s worth.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The model numbers you posted Steve are indeed from 1988. I'd go with the parts that OMC forever has for sale. He'll treat you right.