Ranger Trailer Questions

1. My right rear brake caliper has seized, the unit with the parking brake of course.. I could possibly overhaul it but I would rather buy a new caliper and overhaul the old one and keep it as a spare. Where is the best place to buy these parts?
    2. How often do you service your brakes? I had one that was sticking after only a couple of seasons, took it apart, serviced it and its all good now. I'll be doing the others this year.
    3. How can you tell the oil level in the hubs?

TIA,
    P.
    2015 Ranger 620fs

• Evinrude G2 250HO w/Atlas JP
    • Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)
    • Minn Kota 112 Uterra BT
    • HB 1199 SI (Bow)
    • HB 1199 SI (Helm)
    • HB Helix 10 Nav (Dash)

2. Member
    pretty common on the ranger trail trailers ive been through both left and right and now keep an extra of each on hand just replace it and bleed from the port side front wheel as these are daisy chained fluid system super easy to repair mine is a 2014 z521c been there done that.

3. Member
    1. Call Ranger parts for the caliper, I do not know if internal parts are available for the caliper.

2. I check the fluid regularly but as to service unless something is sticking there is no need for service.

3. The hybrid grease in the Vault hubs is a solid at room temperatures and liquid at running temps so to check the quantity I would take a long drive and park the trailer and let it cool and then pull the wheels and center hubs. Unless you see a leak I would not pull the hubs centers until 10 years or the bearings need to be adjusted. My last Ranger has over 50,000 miles on it without any service except brake fluid flush every 3 years and the pads are about %50 worn even with the hills here in the Ozarks.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8