Replacing a High Speed transducer on a ranger 620fs

Typical ranger setup, 2D highspeed 'ducer (XP 9 20) epoxied to the hull and a through hull SI (XPTH 9 HDSI 180T) behind that. Because the SI 'ducer is not in the water on plane ranger installs the shoot through 2D HS at the lowest point above the keel.

Issue is that I'm getting intermittent loss of signal on the HS ducer. I've switched out the head unit and the y-splitter (hooked it directly to a Helix 10) and the issue remains. No issue with the bigger SI through hull ducer on the same graph.

So i've purchased a new XP 9 20 but I cant even see where the defective on is installed even tho i know where it is. I would prefer to install the new one in the same place.. does anyone have any insight on this? Is there a way to get to it? Do these ducers fail that often?

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA.

P.
    2015 Ranger 620fs

• Evinrude G2 250HO w/Atlas JP
    • Evinrude 15HO Kicker (Tiller)
    • Minn Kota 112 Uterra BT
    • HB 1199 SI (Bow)
    • HB 1199 SI (Helm)
    • HB Helix 10 Nav (Dash)

I’ve had a shoot thru fail a couple of years back. It continuously read 1.6 ft depth which I was told happens when they fail.

Since the last update to 3.4 on my solix I’ve started getting erratic depth on plane every now and then (reading 75 fow in 8 fow). I’m guessing this is a sw issue and not a hardware issue. Yours may be the same. I’m going to try a reset and see if that takes care of it.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex