Small cut in new Z519 seat

Well it’s fishing after all where we use use sharp objects to ensnare and capture fish....and sharp tools like scissors to cut the lines we use with each lure tie.

I some how scraped a sharp (enough) object across the seat where it made a small cut in the vinyl.

I am am afraid of trying to “fix” it as it will likely turn out worse than it looks now. Of course it’s most noticeable to me and in reality only a small blemish. I just don’t want it to get worse over time...and if there IS an easy fix, I’d like to hear about it.

Thoughts and or ideas?

Seats come in two pieces. I put the handle of my net through the back of the seat. Bought a new back from Ranger. Think I paid around $350 for it

3. Member
    Find someplace that specializes in this. An example:

https://www.fibrenew.com

There are others out there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Find someplace that specializes in this. An example:

https://www.fibrenew.com

There are others out there.
    thats a great suggestion...I have reached out to my local rep here in town.

5. Member
    I had a small cut about 3/4” long professionally repaired on my last Skeeter. It was almost impossible to find the repair and a lot cheaper than new seat skins. Definitely the way to go if you can find someone that does quality work.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

6. Member
    If you are a DIY guy, remove the seat and find some place underneath where you can cut a small piece of the vinyl off that is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch bigger than the cut in the seat. Apply some clear silicon or contact cement and fit it thru the cut and spaced so that the patch covers the underside of the cut evenly and let it dry. If you use contact cement, either use some masking tape around the cut or clean up with some Acetone when done.

7. Member
    Call your local auto dealership and see who they are using for interior repairs...most of the time these guys are local, mobile and reasonable