Thread: Memory Low????

Memory Low????

I'm getting a "Memory is Low" message when trying to save waypoints etc. I only have 323 waypoints saved on unit and not much else (I don't think). I've attached pictures of the screen that shows when I try to save a new waypoint as well as the screen with memory data. I'm at a loss for what I need to do to correct this issue. What suggestions do you have for me?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Purge...

3. Banned
    How long are those 2 routes & have you ever deleted the trails?

4. Member
    Why do posts not mention the type of unit? So, what type of unit is this?
    And is your software level current?

Try the purge, but with only 5 deleted waypoints, it's likely not your problem. And you need to purge when deleting any waypoints.
    And you need to have all networked units up and active when deleting and purging.

I don't use Routes, but I believe route waypoints are included in the waypoint count and your count is only 323(maximum is ~5000).
    Might be the routes, but maybe not.

So the one trail. . . Is it a saved trail or a active trail(like Trail01) and what is its track-point count?
    If it is large and not needed, then delete it and see if that is your problem.

5. Member
    My HDS-12 Carbon's Waypoint, Route and Trail shows Used = 650.0kB, Free = 183.6MB when empty.
    With 1618 waypoints, 0 routes, 8 trails shows Used = 1.9MB, Free = 182.7MB.

Yours shows Used = 3.6MB, Free = 124kB.

So what type of unit is yours?

6. Member
    Unit is a Gen 2 Touch. I'm not sure how long the routes are. I'll check that first. I have deleted trails but it's been a little while. I look into that too.
    Software is current. I did all the updating with the time that was happening through the winter.

7. Member
    I have HDS Carbon and HDS Live units.

Every time I go to the lake and add waypoints or trails, I will make a backup at the end of the day on my SD-card and copy it to my home computer.
    I export USRv5 files as they have Unique Identifiers(UID) for waypoints which help prevent duplication and USRv5 seems faster importing.

If I ever wish to clean and refresh the Waypoint, Routes and Trails database on my units I will do the following:

1. Export using USrv5 files.
    2. Perform a Restore Defaults ONLY on waypoints, routes and trails.
      Settings-->System-->Restore Defaults, then uncheck ALL boxes except Waypoints and routes & Trails
    3. Press OK
    4. Import data from the USRv5 file.

I will do this individually on each unit in my HDS network.

8. Member
    HDS Gen2 Touch 12, 9 or 7?

Another thing I do is to turn off HDS Features I do not use. My units are used for charting and sonar.
    So on my units the only features I have boxes checked are:
    1. Sonar
    2. StructureScan or 3D Sonar

I don't have Spotlight, Radar, Sirius Weather, Audio, Autopilot. And I don't do GoFree, Phone Pairing or Search and Rescue.

I also don't use internet, so I turn off: Internet-->Internet Service Allowed.

9. Member
    HDS 9 Touch. I'll check all settings. I use mine for charting and sonar as well.

10. Member
    I was having the low mem massage on my bow HDS 9 gen3. Found sonar log was taking up space of just the bow unit, just deleted it out of my files on that unit

11. Member
    Save waypoints to a memorycard, settings as well if you please. Do a hard reset - reimport waypoints (and settings). Usually a good idea to repeat the process once a year or so.

12. Member
    Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I didn’t have time this weekend to do anything with it yet. I’ll get to it one evening this week. I’ll report back then.

13. Member
    Update: Finally was able to work on this a few days ago. I looked into the suggestions made here and found that I was saving an insane amount of memory space in the TRIP CALCULATOR. I turned this off and it I believe it was my issue. It cleared up massive amounts of memory and the unit seems to be working correctly. I hope I solved it. Thanks BBC for all input. Definitely an invaluable resource for all things fishing!

IMG_0897.jpg