Evinrude 135HP on the AVX 1880.

I know there are probably not that many out there yet, but any thoughts on the performance and dependability of the 135 Evinrude ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    I know there are probably not that many out there yet, but any thoughts on the performance and dependability of the 135 Evinrude ?
    This review looks superb on the 135
    https://www.boattest.com/engine-revi...-135-H-O-_2014

Summary: Evinrude claims its Evinrude E-TEC 135 H.O. is actually “best in class” -- something we can't dispute since the only other one on the market has 3% less displacement, is 14% heavier, delivers 61% fewer Amps and has nearly 200 more parts.
    figures it at 148 HP
    1) More power and torque at the low end;
    2) Lower maintenance costs both short term and long term;
    3) Because the Evinrude E-TEC 135 H.O. is a de-tuned 150-hp engine it is more durable and should have a longer life.

Maybe there are better reports out there, no idea. They are supposed to include the mid-range engines into the G2 family, which means a new style may be right around the corner. Sad for those who will miss out on the bling of being able to color match the outboard to the boat :(
    Last edited by geekfishing; 05-27-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Id much rather have a g2. If no g2 available id go with a different brand engine.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    My last boat had a 135HO and it was a great motor! Tons of low end grunt and great on gas and oil consumption. It felt as strong or stronger than the 150 faststrike it replaced.

I have a G2 on my current boat but wouldn't hesitate to own another etec 135HO.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info.