CV52 to GT52 difference in transducers

Hi got an echomap chirp 95sv and a echomap plus 95sv with the cv52 transducer and was wondering what I would gain by buying a gt52 transducer. Would upgrading be worth the money.

2. Member
    If you have money to burn or want more down image detail past 50-60ft, go for it

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The CV uses the side vu elements to give you a downvu pic while the GT has its own element for down vu.........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I had the CV52 for a while and wondered the same thing. I ended up getting a GT52. Garmin rep told me the difference would be minimal in shallow water and I agree, however I do believe the GT52 image is a little better. If your fishing around 50’ or less, you’re probably going to be happy with the CV52. If you’re like me and it’s going to bug you that the down image may not be as accurate as possible, then get the GT52.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 93 units just don’t have the resolution to see the difference,you will have to step up to the 1042 for a much better image quality with the gt 52.The thing that improved was the grainy of the 93 ,the 1042 has a smoother picture.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info I fish shallow up to 30' so guess the cv52 is doing its job.

7. Member
    Not to change the thread, but I totally agree. I was a bit disappointed when I went from a 73 to a 93 and saw how grainy the resolution was. It was expected since I knew they both shared the same resolution. I’d love one of the new 10” units with higher resolution, but not worth the price tag right now.