Smile Looking at Vexus

Question for any AVX1880 Vexus owners.

Do you feel it's cramped in the bow area when fishing? I walked this at the dealer and did notice straps very close to TM pedal, but didn't have rods in it and didn't really pay attention until today online at the lack of space. (see pic).
    Since fishing on the bow will get nearly all the use, I'm concerned it will be too tight up there, step on some rods, or worse..stumble as a result of trying to not step on rods.
    I have been in some big guide boats and I still feel it's tight up there with rods, but maybe I'd get use to it and it's not really a concern?

Pic Notes: NitroZ18 on top, copied rods/seat on to Vexus AVX1880 to show how narrow that bow platform is to fish from. Basically same length/cost boats.

nitrovexus.jpg

2. Member
    I have had the same thoughts about that narrow deck in front. Definitely going to have to try one out on the water before writing the check .

3. Stinnettjn1
    I have fished from my 1880 for weeks now. I regularly have 4 rods on the front deck and don't feel cramped. If there were more than 4 might be a different story but would be that way with any front deck for me. I have fished with 2 angler on the front deck without a problem as well.

4. Member
    One thing we have found that I didn’t expect is how well the rods stay put in rough, windy runs at speed without being strapped down. We haven’t used the rod buckles as much as I thought we would. We had been running a Nitro that wind at even lower speeds would push the rods around. Not as much the case from my 20 or so trips in my AVX1980 so far. This allows the rods to be just a little more out of the way of the fisherman at the bow. When it is super rough (15+mph winds) we of course strap the rods down.

So, if you look at the photo above. No part of our rods are ever in the front left or front right section of the bow area when we are fishing. So, the rod handles just barely go past where the rod buckle strap would come across if we used it. I’ll try to get a photo the next time we are out.

This is where we stand while fishing: Left foot on trolling motor foot pedal - right foot just to the right of the foot pedal or right foot on trolling motor and left foot just to the left of the foot pedal. If spot locked - both feet between the foot pedal and the seat post or both feet to the left of the foot pedal or both feet to the right of the foot pedal. We put the longer rods on the port side of the deck where there is more room for them to extend past the end of the front deck without a pax console on that side. The shorter rods on the starboard side of the deck.

Hope this helps someone that hasn’t been able to fish out of or even see the new AVX series from Vexus.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys, that's good to know.

6. Member
    I came from a 2018 Ranger Z185 which is the same size as a Nitro Z18 and now have a 2080. It is slightly narrower up front but it doesnt really become a factor for me until I have 12 rods strapped down up there. I fish 2 people up there all the time and it has yet to be an issue. JMO
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Well, I was leaning towards the nitro z18, very similar specs/loadout, and had an incredibly generous front deck (fiberglass they can maximize that area) and little bigger engine (merc 150 pro xs). But I can't fit under the console! :(
    I don't recall that issue with Vexus, and the seat slid forward/back.

The fit/finish is fine on the Z18, but the Vexus felt *really nice* in comparison as far as the look/feel. Could be because the Vexus was newer and the Nitro had been out for a while.

General question: how often, assuming I don't have random issues, would you expect to have to take a boat in to service warranty? I could go to Cabela's for normal service, and only to the Vexus dealer for warranty repairs...is that reasonable to expect to do?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    So, if you look at the photo above. No part of our rods are ever in the front left or front right section of the bow area when we are fishing. So, the rod handles just barely go past where the rod buckle strap would come across if we used it. I’ll try to get a photo the next time we are out. Hope this helps someone that hasn’t been able to fish out of or even see the new AVX series from Vexus.
    That's good to know, I see what you mean. So 7'2 rods no issue up there, and my swimbait 7'11 or whatever, can go on the side opposite the console no issue.
    Some of it is my familiarity with fishing that way. I'm typically in the back of the boat so when I go up front sometimes, I always have to be mindful of stepping on rods. With that narrow front, it just really concerned me. Probably get use to it either way.

9. Member
    The finish on the vexus is nicer than both the Z18 and my former z185. I had all kinds of finish issues on my z185. Concerning the warranty issues, it just depends. My z185 was back for warranty work 4 times in less than 2 years (stress cracks, console, seats). My Vexus I I've had for 6 months and havent had a single issue with and, to be honest, I dont expect to have an issue with it (not saying it doesnt happen but I personally feel that quality control is much better from Vexus) And cabelas can certainly do all you maintenance, but I would personally rather have the dealer I bought the boat from do all service to the boat.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Yes I'm constantly stepping on my rods, I'm coming from Triton 186 magnum, so I'm used to an extra 1.5' at the bow.
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

11. Member
    Found a video that shows a guy fishing from the deck for a long time. time 14:00 for example. Looks acceptable.

12. Member
    I hope to get some photos tomorrow of how we layout our rods and where we place our feet as we move around the bow of the AVX1980. We are hoping to get the forecasted 10-15mph winds to get those fish fired up on top again like last time.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

13. Member
    Personally i feel like there is plenty of room when fishing from my 1880. I dont leave 20 rods laying around on the deck though.

14. Member
    I believe u will be very happy with 1880 vexus I would recommend the tilt steering to to get in and out easier gunna have it added to mine as far as front deck there's plenty even with 5 to 10 rods laying there

15. Banned
    Your right the front deck is narrow, will definitely get crowded with several rods.